Best Mini-Suite on Golden to Hawaii

CALMOM

I am planning on booking a Hawaii 14 day RT from Los Angeles on the Golden. I am very excited to be sailing on her, after the extensive remodeling. I usually book a Balcony BA on the Caribe Deck but thinking about booking a mini-suite, if I can roll some more pennies :D.

Can you suggest a good location or cabin # for a Mini-Suite on the Golden? Does it matter if you are on the port or starboard side? I have heard one of the sides is great for pulling into ports.

Thanks for you help, DH and I are going to have our second honeymoon :D

Best mini on any Grand/Crown class ship is an "AD" mini.....:):):)

Bob

Thank you everyone for your help. I have just booked the Golden Princess Hawaii 14 Day RT Los Angeles, March 14, 2012, E729.

I am so excited. We had to push the cruise to 2012, because DH couldn't swing 2 weeks off March 2011, we already have a vacation planned in April 2011, March was just too close.

Now that the Hawaii cruise is done, I can start working on our Mediterranean cruise for 2013.

Thank you everyone for your help. I have just booked the Golden Princess Hawaii 14 Day RT Los Angeles, March 14, 2012, E729.

I am so excited. We had to push the cruise to 2012, because DH couldn't swing 2 weeks off March 2011, we already have a vacation planned in April 2011, March was just too close.

Now that the Hawaii cruise is done, I can start working on our Mediterranean cruise for 2013.

Congrats you got the end AD mini with the huge covered balcony. Hope you have a great cruise in 2012.....:):):)

Bob

Here are a couple of photos from (looking aft) and of the balcony of E729 on the Golden. Enjoy.:)

572627684_013AftviewfromourbalconyLeavingSeattle.jpg.f248b96ec505ef98f69e11fba1b1fee2.jpg

642609616_070KinseyandSeanhavingaGlassofWineandRelaxing.jpg.bf5e6554e124e78f1fbf34d117ac528e.jpg

Here are a couple of photos from (looking aft) and of the balcony of E729 on the Golden. Enjoy.:)

Thank you for the pictures, their great. Do you have any of the inside? I understand the balcony kind of wraps a around a little bit, is that correct? We usually have a balcony on Caribe deck, did you find this balcony had more wind?

Thank you again for the pictures.

Thank you for the pictures, their great. Do you have any of the inside? I understand the balcony kind of wraps a around a little bit, is that correct? We usually have a balcony on Caribe deck, did you find this balcony had more wind?

Thank you again for the pictures.

Here are some photos of the of the inside of E729. The floor plan is the same for all the mini's. The wind was not a problem for us and we really enjoyed the fully covered balcony. Unfortunately, the balcony does not wrap around to the aft. It is attached to the upright that the Skywalkers Night Club is on. The photo posted on this thread of E728 is exactly what E729 looks like. Hope this helps.

1538032766_019StateroomE729(01).jpg.2b878076045f331064bbdace7741735b.jpg

743485459_021StateroomE729(03).jpg.b4599e2b86f2c66723566c7bce658135.jpg

Here are some photos of the of the inside of E729. The floor plan is the same for all the mini's. The wind was not a problem for us and we really enjoyed the fully covered balcony. Unfortunately, the balcony does not wrap around to the aft. It is attached to the upright that the Skywalkers Night Club is on. The photo posted on this thread of E728 is exactly what E729 looks like. Hope this helps.

Thank you for for the pictures, very helpful. We have never had the chance to see a mini, so I didn't know how to picture it. The Princess diagram, just doesn't cut it for me.

You will love the Golden AND Hawaii! There is no place on earth like it.

I would love to go again.

It looks like the last time you sailed her was in 2006. She has had a major remodeling in 2009, that you'll get to enjoy. Please post a review when you return, I will patiently wait.

We just got our cabin assignment D629. After looking at the deck plans it seems like there are life boats below us on Emerald. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm a little nervous that we won't have a nice view below us. If you have any other info about this cabin I'd appreciate it.

We just got our cabin assignment D629. After looking at the deck plans it seems like there are life boats below us on Emerald. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm a little nervous that we won't have a nice view below us. If you have any other info about this cabin I'd appreciate it.

You can't see the lifeboats. They are tucked away.

Archived