How is the Michael's piano bar on the Millennium-class ships?

elycelynne

I was just curious whether they were the fun kind of piano bars with sing-alongs or if they were more of the "piano as atmosphere" type. Apparently Michaels is still a cigar bar on the Century-class ships. Are there plans to convert those to piano bars as well?

[This message was edited by elycelynne on 04-19-04 at 02:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by elycelynne on 04-19-04 at 02:53 PM.]

[This message was edited by elycelynne on 04-19-04 at 02:58 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elycelynne:

I was just curious whether they were the fun kind of piano bars with sing-alongs or if they were more of the "piano as atmosphere" type. Apparently Michaels is still a cigar bar on the Century-class ships. Are there plans to convert those to piano bars as well?

On the Summit it was 'piano as atmosphere.'No singalongs just relaxed 'Play it again Sam' type stuff.

[This message was edited by elycelynne on 04-19-04 at 02:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by elycelynne on 04-19-04 at 02:53 PM.]

[This message was edited by elycelynne on 04-19-04 at 02:58 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I was on Summit last year it wasn't a sing along, but the pianist was great, it was very inviting, very warm, mostly VERY recognizable music and many people were dancing to it as an alternative to the late night disco. It became our favorite place to be. Michael's is a treasure that a lot people don't discover on the "M" class ships. On Millie the pianist was not as good as on Summit but we still loved Michael's

When we were on Millie last year, there was a terrific sing-along pianist in Michael's Club, Ron Trotta. When we sail on Connie this weekend, we hope it is half as much fun as it was on Millie. Michael's Club was our favorite spot on the ship.

I guess it's up to the individual pianist. We had a terrfic guy but it wasn't "sing-along." Problem is that the piano is distanced from the guests so it's not like you can sit around the piano. But it is a nice lounge and I enjoyed the music.

Norway - 2/97;Leeward -12/97;

Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00

Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;

Carnival Triumph - 7/02;

Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04

icon_cool.gif

Michaels cigar bar continues on on the galaxy, century, and mercury. the spaces were deemed to small to be a piano bar and the expense of exhuast systems were already in place. the major cutback was dropping the cigar host/sales person and now the bartender 5 pm to 1 am does double duty. michaels on the millinium class should be the only smoking lounge on the ship then everyone would have a choice.

Galaxy 10 day Rome Next

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;21;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

corkpopr

sorry- couldn't agree with you less. Michael's - the first time we were on Summit was still a cigar bar and everytime we looked in, there was almost noone there. On Millie and then again on Summit after the change to a "piano"bar, it was a very popular spot, much more utilized by more people. It's such a great, warm spot, the only one like it on the ship that it shouldn't be reserved for the ever shrinking minority of people who smoke. The open air bars were always available for smokers and on Millie the sports bar on the 11th deck was also a smoking area. I know it's just my opinion, but I, for one, would be very upset if they changed those back to cigar lounges on the "M" class ships.

Archived