If you are called by RCCL for an upgrade...

lunyma

We are diamond now but when we got upgrades we were platinum. Once it was from D1 Balcony to Jr Suite and the other time from GS to Owner's Suite. Both times we were notified by e-mail two days before the cruise. First was on the Liberty and the other time was on the Magesty. My neighbor was upgraded recently and it was her first cruise. She also was notified by e-mail.

'free' upgrades and if yes, the cruiseline may or may not e-mail or call u..it is their choice..

Now, if it is a 'paid' upsell then they definately will call u or your TA if u booked thru them because u have a right of refusal with that - with the 'free' upgrade u actually don't..! Any cruiseline can move a booked pax wherever they like as long as it is the same category or higher..whether or not u have marked off or stated 'no upgrade'..:O

If they call u with a 'free' upgrade thereby granting u right of refusal be grateful - If u do get it at least then u can say 'no - leave me where I am and hope they comply - With no notice u might not like what u get..as others have complained..

I have had several 'free' upgrades over the yrs - some good/some not so good and for myself, I prefer the 'paid' upsells - I pay a small amount over my fare - move up a category or more and have always been able to pick a cabin I like also (didn't take it when I cldn't)..preferable to letting them choose my accommodations for me..but JMO..

Have happy cruisin'! :)

What site did you look up? I would love to know how many cabins we have left on my cruise in January?:rolleyes:

Marylandhorselover- you are still a little far out for an upgrade- i received a call 3 1/2 weeks away from my cruise which is more likely. They wait until closer to the cruise to see if the cabins are selling or just sitting- they can sell the less expensive cabins easier so they will try to upgrade some people in insides and outside cabins up to balconies and sometimes junior suites etc to free up the less expensive cabins. We were upgraded from an G to an D2 cabin on a Radiance class ship.

Archived