? for "frequent cruisers"...

MamaParrotHead

For those lucky souls who cruise several times a year regularly...have you seen as many price drops on your sailings this year as last? Last year we cruised ridiculously cheap ($389 for 6C) and I chalked it up to the economy. Reading and hearing on the news about how things are "rebounding", I was counting out any real hopes of decent price drops this time around, but have been continuously reading here on CC about some decent price drops that are still coming down the line.

Any input? No, I'm not asking anyone to "predict" anything, just wondering about what you frequent cruisers have observed.

I cruise as often as possible but have never figured out how to tell if the price drops once i book.I can never get the base cost figured out to compare I guess.

I have a funsaver for my May cruise so need to learn how to so I can watch and see about getting a reduction in my final cost(before final payment) guess I can ask my TA who booked it for me.

Sorry I cant answer your question.

For those lucky souls who cruise several times a year regularly...have you seen as many price drops on your sailings this year as last? Last year we cruised ridiculously cheap ($389 for 6C) and I chalked it up to the economy. Reading and hearing on the news about how things are "rebounding", I was counting out any real hopes of decent price drops this time around, but have been continuously reading here on CC about some decent price drops that are still coming down the line.

Any input? No, I'm not asking anyone to "predict" anything, just wondering about what you frequent cruisers have observed.

Certainly general economic conditions will have an overall effect on the prices of the cruising industry. But cruises are priced by EACH sailing. Carnival could have 2 ships leaving Miami the same day where one had gone up in price by 30% and the other had dropped in price by 50%.

I do not know what it is, but undoubtedly Carnival has a formula where x days out and y cabins are sold = increase or decrease the price of the remaining cabins. And that formula might be applied on a weekly basis, or less.

I book at a price that is satisfactory to us. If it goes up, we don't care, if it goes down its like we found money on the street that we can keep. If it doesn't change, well, the price was and is satisfactory.

The economy has not rebounded yet. One week you hear about a looming double-dip recession, the next week you hear how the job market is improving, yadda yadda.

I don't think anyone can see the future, so at the present, the economy is still lousy and fuel prices are relatively stable, so I would expect cruise fares to be pretty reasonable right now.

That reminds me, maybe I shoud be booking another cruise for 2012...

If you can go anytime and don't care where there are some good prices for fall and spring. We always book a 8A or above balcony, if we see under $700 like around $590 to $650 with Taxes thats one to book. The problem is air fare for a quick cruise out of Fla, end up paying almost as much as the cruise. Don't see a big difference from last year to this year. New ships cost more, but thats normal.

In 2001 we paid $550 per person for an oceanview cabin for a 5 day cruise on the Carnival Tugboat Jubilee. We're cruising next week in a balcony on the Legend for 7 days for $509 per person. I guess that means the economy sucks? Either that, or cruising is just cheaper now. I dunno.

In 2001 we paid $550 per person for an oceanview cabin for a 5 day cruise on the Carnival Tugboat Jubilee. We're cruising next week in a balcony on the Legend for 7 days for $509 per person. I guess that means the economy sucks? Either that, or cruising is just cheaper now. I dunno.

And just in case that price wasnt tempting enough, you can get $200 OBC for two people by owning stock and buying a FCC and applying it. Tips and $30 to spare on my upcoming Conquest 7 day cruise. Im not complaining. One of the few who didnt get a price drop, but I started early and low.

Archived