Oasis Boarding Time

ATCMickey

To anyone with experience...

Our cruise materials state boarding begins at 2:00pm...but then makes mention that if the ship is ready sooner that earlier boardings may be allowed (although rooms won't be ready until later which isn't a problem). Anyone have any first hand insight into how much earlier we might be allowed to board. I've read of some folks getting to the terminal as early as 11:00am. I'd hate to get there at 2 and find out folks have been able to get on since 11...but also don't want to get there at 11 and have to camp out til 2. Our hotel check-out is at 11 so we figured we might as well head towards the ship if there's a realistic chance of getting on earlier.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated,

ATCMickey

They say 2:00 pm to spread the crowds out. Around 11:15 or so they will board the back to back cruisers, then suites, diamond +, diamond, platinum in that order. General boarding will begin between 11:30 to 11:45 if things are on schedule.

11:00 to 11:15 am is an excellent time to arrive. Cabins will not be available until 1:00 pm so you will be stuck with your carry on until then.

As a gold about to become platinum, 1100 to 1145 then sounds like a good time to get there.

I also heard that they have done something new with the boarding process for this huge ship to streamline the process too, taking the sea pass pic at check-in or something like that.

Going for Mariner to this mammoth ship, DS14 is very excited.:D

Both times that we cruisd Oasis, we arrived around 10:30. We entered the terminal and were checked in. They do take your SeaPass boarding photo at the time of check in. Then you are sent to an area to wait until boarding begins. They break it up by suites, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Platinum and General Boarding. They also board the ship in the order. For my two cruises, boarding started between 11:00 and 11:30.

What if you are Platinum and have Gold members in your group? Will they move them up to our level?

This has been asked before and the general concensus was - maybe yes, maybe no. :D You can certainly ask the Rep and see what s/he says. Honestly, if they have already started boarding you will not have any reason to go to the Priority Check In/Boarding/Waiting area. If you do choose to stay together in the regular line, you'll be separated out by Deck number anyway, and then you can all come back together at the end to have your Welcome Aboard photo taken together, just before boarding.

If they are not too busy in one particular line, you'll be moved anyway. We were in the Priority Check In line because we are Platinum, but were called over to the "Suites" check in line because no one was there. We were not staying in a suite. What I'm saying is it really doesn't matter. :p

Have fun.

Archived