Name one item you just have to have on your cruise....

Christie Brinkley?

Actually, besides family I gotta have my camera(s) and the MacBook to edit photos on the sleepy days at sea. That way I come home with a full contingent of photos ready to order. Got an Olympus Pen 1 about a month ago and cannot wait to take it on our upcoming cruise.

Downey was practically invented for cruises. No ironing; no worries. Zip-lock baggie uses goes on and on. Fill with everything from undies (several pairs in a quart size) to swimsuits, to jewelry (snack size) to shoes (2-1/2 gal). Luggage is ready to wipe out the drawers, sling in the ziplocks and you are unpacked. For little ones, a zip-lock for each days complete outfit and there's no rummaging to find matches. On the way home, the smelly, dirty clothes and any damp swimsuits are ready to pack without worry. Slip the photos you bought into one to make sure they don't get wet/damp sitting on the dock in a pouring rain on your return. Credit card because anything I forgot, I can replace.

After packing for a New year's cruise with a major concussion....

I can tell you that there is not anything but the passport and a credit card that you really need!

I forgot all DH 's swimwear and shorts....my make up...kiddie things..

And I discovered that there is a great shop run by American ex-pats on Roatan that has very good prices on bathing suits and shorts.....

"Big Louie" is my gigantic "cruise only" suit case. My daughter call it the "canoe" and it probably could be used as a flotation device if need be. Louie is over 30 yrs old, has been around the world with me. It was made by a company called Louis Kaiser, is hard sided and a totally hideous brown and orange color with tractor sized wheels. It stands head & shoulders over all the other dinky non-descript suitcases and can be spotted in an instant at disembarkation. Unfortunately, Louie has been shunned by the airlines and can only be used on trips sailing from my homeport. Because its size and weight Louie make most grown men cry like little girls it is also high maintenance & requires me to give copious tips to baggage handlers. All the same, I would not cruise without him. I am a major over-packer & it allows me to put everything in one bag. I can pack an outfit on its hanger, put a plastic bag over it and lay it flat in Louie & never have a wrinkle. Unpacking & repacking are a breeze. It also has an expandable top compartment for all (and I mean all) of my shoes. In short, Louie is one of a kind and,sadly, they just don't make them like him any more!

"Big Louie" is my gigantic "cruise only" suit case. My daughter call it the "canoe" and it probably could be used as a flotation device if need be. Louie is over 30 yrs old, has been around the world with me. It was made by a company called Louis Kaiser, is hard sided and a totally hideous brown and orange color with tractor sized wheels. It stands head & shoulders over all the other dinky non-descript suitcases and can be spotted in an instant at disembarkation. Unfortunately, Louie has been shunned by the airlines and can only be used on trips sailing from my homeport. Because its size and weight Louie make most grown men cry like little girls it is also high maintenance & requires me to give copious tips to baggage handlers. All the same, I would not cruise without him. I am a major over-packer & it allows me to put everything in one bag. I can pack an outfit on its hanger, put a plastic bag over it and lay it flat in Louie & never have a wrinkle. Unpacking & repacking are a breeze. It also has an expandable top compartment for all (and I mean all) of my shoes. In short, Louie is one of a kind and,sadly, they just don't make them like him any more!

I would love to see a pic;)

Archived