Can I bring my own Chair?

gogofrog

We are driving to Charleston and I was wondering if I could bring my own fold up lounge chair? I thought it would come in handy in Freeport at Our Lucaya and maybe a beach in Nassau where I wont have to rent my own chair at every port. O and for when I cannot find a chair on Lido I can just go grab my own....

Met a fellow cruise critic-er about 4 years ago on an MSC cruise who brought his own chair (put a luggage tag on it and checked it in from Jersey! Before checked bag fees). He said he had done it several times.

Thanks for the info~ Im a little nervous because we will be renting a car and dropping it off, so if they deny my chairs at luggage drop off I will be out my chairs and have to rent!

There will be NO PLACE on Lido to put your chair. It is almost impossible to get thru if you are HC as it is, barely room to squeeze thru the chairs.

But you can bring one for the beach if you want. ..or any other beach toys.

Calm down I just used Lido instead of deck... There is plenty of room other places and no I'm not going to block a walking path I am a smart person.....

Gogofrog - yes you could. But are you sure you want to tote a chair around? To rent them on the beach is only a couple of bucks tops. Some places won't charge if you buy a drink/food from them. You shouldn't have a problem finding an empty one available on any deck you choose.

But, if you want to - you can. Enjoy your cruise. :D

Cathy

Calm down I just used Lido instead of deck... There is plenty of room other places and no I'm not going to block a walking path I am a smart person.....

I see you may be new to CC. FYI. some people have nothing better to do than flame others when asking questions that they need answered.

Welcome and these forms are full of great information. Enjoy.

Why assume Im not calm ... I have seen multiple posts about bringing a chair and putting it by the pool ... so I dont know your intention. I was trying to be clear ... I am perfectly calm. you will do what you want.

Gogofrog - yes you could. But are you sure you want to tote a chair around? To rent them on the beach is only a couple of bucks tops. Some places won't charge if you buy a drink/food from them. You shouldn't have a problem finding an empty one available on any deck you choose.

But' date=' if you want to - you can. Enjoy your cruise. :D[/size']

Cathy

Thanks Cathy, From what I can understand I can just catch a cab right off the port to Our Lucaya or other beaches. So I wont really be toting it around just from the cab to the beach. Ive been looking at the Ports of Call forum and I cant really find anything on chair prices alone with out buying some day pass.

Why assume Im not calm ... I have seen multiple posts about bringing a chair and putting it by the pool ... so I dont know your intention. I was trying to be clear ... I am perfectly calm. you will do what you want.

I would love to see previous post about the topic if you can give me a link. I searched "bring own chair" and "Chair" and went through several pages and didn't find any.

I've seen the posts regarding bringing a chair, but can't recall what the general consensus was. Certainly if you want to bring one you can - you will need to check it in as baggage unless it is the size of a carryon.

Don't think that "Fire" was flaming anyone - just pointing out that the deck does get very crowded and that an additional chair on the deck could make it that much more difficult for people with mobility issues to get around.

Have a great cruise!

Archived