Another newbie question.....

I think this will be my last question but I was wondering if I give cash for the seapass and have money left over when the cruise is done will they give me cash back or will I have to wait for a check or something? Also my boyfriend and I will have seperate accounts (he likes to gamble so he can use his money on that ..lol) if we decide to purchase an excursion will they just bill one person or can we say to take the price from each account? I was thinking that $700 per person should be enough but I might stash some just in case. I am so excited!! Next week I will be flying to Miami for the first time and taking my first RCCL cruise (went on Carnival last year and for that to be my first cruise ever, it was the worst due to the person that I took with me... but that is another story). Thanks :D:D:D

The last night of the cruise you'll have to go to the guest services desk and get any left over money ... they won't automatically give it to you. Good question on the excursions. We always try to pre pay anything we can so I've never run into that before. FYI my DH is also a gambler so we keep our sea passes separate as well. And, like your mom taught you when you were little, ALWAY stash a little extra for yourself :D

Thanks everyone. I think I will use cash just because I rather pay it up front instead of paying the bill later from the credit card company. I already paid for the zip line and roller coaster in Labadee so I was just wondering if we wanted to do something in St. Martin how they would split the purchase. Thanks again

It depends on how the purchase of the shore excursion is made. In order to split the cost up, each sea pass holder has to purchase their own excursion with their sea pass. What ever you purchase will be charged to your sea pass. You cannot charge something to another person's sea pass. It works like a credit card.

The warning about the line on the last evening or worse the morning of departure at the guest relations desk is right on the mark. It is long so expect 30+ minutes wait. It may not be as long at 2 AM though.

What I do is secure my seapass with a credit card when checking in.

Then on the last full day (before it gets busy), I pay off the current balance \ with cash. (Assuming I haven't gambled it all :-O )

Then, what every drinks, or trinkets I might buy on the last night go on the credit card. Makes for much less hassle than giving them too much money up front!

Aloha,

John

Archived