Transportation to disneyworld

cruisedivas

We will be sailing on the Carnival Pride the week of Nov. 21 and want to visit Disney world. Can anyone recommend a company that will provide transportation to Disney from our ship in Port Canaveral.

For what it's worth, We sailed the Pride last Nov. We rented a car from Avis. They picked us up at the pier, then we drove to Epcot (about 65min). When we returned, they took us back to the pier.

Oliver

We used Happy Limousine Service in Orlando when we were there a couple of years ago. VERY NICE. You can call their 800 # and make reservations over the phone and guarantee it with CC or pay cash on the day they pick you up. They were there right as scheduled. Would definitely use them again. !!!!:D

Previously we used Cocoa Beach Shuttle. It was $80pp round trip.

The last 2x we rented a car, it was cheaper.

In Feb we will be renting a car again. It's pretty much a straight run..not too difficult. Direction signs to Disney are everywhere.

A side note that is only sort of on point. If you really want to be able to experience WDW do not do it on a cruise. It is not a one day adventure or even a two or three day treat. Be especially aware that if you have children you are going to be so rushed that they may end up disappointed.

We used SpacePort Transport to take us to KSC since we

were a group of 7.

Both the driver and the office staff were very personable. The woman who answers the phone and dispatches the drivers is very good at what she does and will make sure that everyone knows where they are supposed to be at what time.

With enough notice, they were flexible with changing our transport times when we wanted to stay late.

We arranged it right from the ship on Monday by e-mail.

If there are only 2 or 3 of you, you have a full day to meet people on the ship. Go to the shore excursions talk on Monday and see if there are others there who want to do WDW and might be interested in splitting the cost of the transportation for a DIY excursion.

We will be sailing on the Carnival Pride the week of Nov. 21 and want to visit Disney world. Can anyone recommend a company that will provide transportation to Disney from our ship in Port Canaveral.

The cruiselines excursion is 150.00 pp. Considering that the ticket for one day is like 85.00= thats not a bad price for transportation round trip.

And after touring the parks all day-- will you really be up to driving the trip back to the ship- (its only an hour away)

I looked into a few- and dont know if they were private companies or what- I was getting prices closer to the 300. for a round trip shuttle.

Can I throw a wrench in your plans?

The week you are going is Thanksgiving week. It will be very, very crowded, getting worse each day closer to Thanksgiving that you get. You will stand in lots of lines at every park and will not get to do much. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the crowdest, one site that I use says that Monday of Thanksgiving week will be a 6, and everyday after that will be a 9 except Thanksgiving day itself which will be an 8. I've gone often that week to Disney, but I would stay on property, go back to the resort, rest, swim, etc., then go back to the park in evening. I would also play the system, using Fast Passes and all the information that I can get my hands on to have a good time avoiding the lines.

I never want to discourage anyone going to Disney. Next to cruising, it is my favorite vacation (if I could walk better and it was cheaper, I would have gone there instead of the cruise I am taking next month!). I just wanted to make sure you knew what kind of crowds you would be walking into and since it is so expensive to go now, forewarned is forearmed!

Have a great cruise!

Mears Transportation....The first and in my opinion best.

I agree with the folks who say that you don't have enough time to do Disney properly.

If you feel you MUST, then the cruseline's excursion is the way to go.

I've been to Disney around Thanksgiving and it's a NIGHTMARE!

Crowded is a mild word for it. Long lines, unpredictable weather (either too hot or too cold for what you're wearing) and just not pleasant.

If you leave the dock at 9 and have to be back by 4 here's what your schedule will look like if you do it yourself:

1. Find transportation/rent a car 30 minutes

2. Drive to Disney 60 minutes

3. Park, get to ticket center, buy tickets. 20 minutes

4. Time in park 3 hours

5. Get back to car in parking lot 20 minutes

6. Drive back to Port Canaveral 60 minutes

7. Deal with rental car 30 minutes

I don't know about you, but that just doesn't seem like a fun and stress free day. And this schedule doesn't take into account the unpredictable Orlando traffic. If you hit a traffic jam, either coming or going, you could be in a world of trouble.

Do Disney either pre-cruise or post-cruise and really enjoy it!

Archived