My plans keep changing

Cool Breeze Cruiser

My Dh & I are arriving in San Juan at 4 PM October 2, 2010 & leaving on the Victory October 3rd.

After much research on CC we narrowed down the things we wanted to do there.

We wanted to go on the Segway Tour & I E-mailed them but they take their 2 week break during this time & their 1st day back is October 4th.

I E-mailed East Island Excursions to try the Bioluminescent Bay Tour & they also are closed during the time we are there & reopen October 4th.

I E-mailed Barrachinas to have dinner there on Saturday night & see the show & they confirmed our reservation but a few minutes later I received another E-mail cancelling because the show is sold out for that night.

Now I have to start planning all over again!

I know we will have a great time whatever we do. We haven't been to San Juan in many years & that was just for a few hours off a cruiseship.

We are thinking about a horse & carriage ride & I am sure we will tour the forts. We love music & enjoy dancing but are open to most things. Any ideas?

We might try the Latin Roots Restauraunt. Does anyone know if you need reservations there or have any better suggestions for dinner?

Thanks in advance,

Juli

We went to the Latin Roots for dinner without reservations, but I would contact them to make sure. Are you staying anytime post cruise? If you are do the segway the mourning you return from your cruise. They are located just down the street from the Victory pier. Since you don't arrive till 4 pm on the 3rd, just do a self guided walking tour of OSJ. Lots to see, buggy ride was nice but not cheap. We meet another couple and shared the ride with them.

We went to the Latin Roots for dinner without reservations, but I would contact them to make sure. Are you staying anytime post cruise? If you are do the segway the mourning you return from your cruise. They are located just down the street from the Victory pier. Since you don't arrive till 4 pm on the 3rd, just do a self guided walking tour of OSJ. Lots to see, buggy ride was nice but not cheap. We meet another couple and shared the ride with them.

Thanks. I just got an E-mail from Barrachina's stating a group has reserved the whole restauraunt for the 2nd. How was the food at the Latin Roots? Our flight out is at 3:20 the day we get back to San Juan so I am not sure how much time we will have. Juli

We'll be there the same night (leaving on the Serenade of the Seas on 10/3). We're going to do the walking tour of Old San Juan the night of the 2nd .... check it out ... www legends of pr dot com/nighttales.htm (without all the spaces)

Thanks. I just got an E-mail from Barrachina's stating a group has reserved the whole restauraunt for the 2nd. How was the food at the Latin Roots? Our flight out is at 3:20 the day we get back to San Juan so I am not sure how much time we will have. Juli

We enjoyed the food and music at the Latin Roots. You should be able to do the Segway the day you return. Book the 9 am tour. Tell the guest services desk on the ship you would like an early disembark for a tour. As soon as you get your luggage, get a porter, he will take you and your luggage to the Segway office, just tip him. You can leave your luggage in the office while you do the tour. Then grab a cab to the airport from the tour office and you will be there in plenty of time to get thru security. Make sure you take all your bags to the USDA check before you go inside the airport. Ask the taxi driver to show you where it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice! Wonder if we can book the segway tour the day we arrive or if we have to book in advance? I am not sure what we will feel like doing after our very port intensive Victory cruise!

Does anyone have any good ideas for music & dancing?

I am still leaning towards the Latin Roots for dinner since we can not go to Barrachina's. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks,

Juli

You could call the Segway tour the day you get to San Juan.. They will take you if they have room.

As far as dancing and music, there are several places on Fontaliza street. Don't remember the names, but they will not be hard to find once you are there.

While we were in Old San Juan we tried several places to eat. Liked them all. Aquaviva serves some good seafood, Baru is Caribbean food, Raices was good, and we had drinks and a snack in the Parrot Club.

Here is a list that might help. http://www.frommers.com/destinations/sanjuan/323_inddin.html

Archived