Bringing large bottles of water on board

morxx

We drink a lot of water and usually fill smaller bottles from large 2 litre ones in our cabin to carry around with us. Can we bring say, 4 x 2 litre bottles of water aboard at each stop or would Celebrity insist we buy their bottled water?

We drink a lot of water and usually fill smaller bottles from large 2 litre ones in our cabin to carry around with us. Can we bring say, 4 x 2 litre bottles of water aboard at each stop or would Celebrity insist we buy their bottled water?

You won't have any problems bringing water or soda onboard the ship with you. We usually stop at the local Walgreens and pick up some bottled water, both large and small bottles to bring onboard. Celebrity does not insist you buy their bottled water. :D One time I bought a case and unloaded it into my carry on luggage and wheeled it right into my cabin after embarakation. My friends have slapped a luggage tag on their cases and it was delivered to their cabins.

... Can we bring say, 4 x 2 litre bottles of water aboard at each stop or would Celebrity insist we buy their bottled water?

You can bring as much bottled water on board as you wish. I've never heard of any cruise line rules, policy nor practice that would prevent this.

Thanks for your reply. Would I be able to fill small plastic bottles anywhere on the ship?

Yes - you can fill them from the tap in your bathroom.

...The water on the ship is perfectly filtered and great to drink.

I do believe the first part of this statement is almost always correct and the second part is true for most guests. We've been on over a dozen Celebrity cruises. On 10 of them the water tasted and look great. On two it has a bad taste - either too minerally for us or over treated chemical taste. On two cruises it tasted fine but at least once on those cruises we saw off color brownish water coming from the taps. We were told this sediment is from "stirring the tanks" and that the water was perfectly safe to drink - while this may be true it was very unappealing.

The ship's potable water supply is comprised both of water taken on at ports and water treated on board through the ship's desalination system.

While the water may be safe to drink, and usually looks OK, my wife and I find that it has enough sodium in it to make us feel bloated and a little swollen. If we switch to bottled water these symptoms go away. It could be that since we follow very low sodium diets that the higher content of the sodium in the ship's food brings our tolerance closer to a problem area for us and the water just takes us over. We still drink the ship's water often in coffee and other drinks, ice, and during many dining room meals. But for our other use, and we drink a lot of water during the day, we rely on bottled water. We usually just buy this on the ship. While it is expensive at $4 for 1.5 liter of Evian it is very convenient and we ask our room steward to keep our stateroom stocked with several bottles at all times.

We know of a few other cruisers that have the same effects from the ship's water but we also know of many cruisers who drink the ship's water all the time with no issues at all. I'd recommend that one just tries the ship's water and if they don't like it for any reason then switch to the bottled water.

You can bring as much bottled water on board as you wish. I've never heard of any cruise line rules, policy nor practice that would prevent this.

Yes - you can fill them from the tap in your bathroom.

I do believe the first part of this statement is almost always correct and the second part is true for most guests. We've been on over a dozen Celebrity cruises. On 10 of them the water tasted and look great. On two it has a bad taste - either too minerally for us or over treated chemical taste. On two cruises it tasted fine but at least once on those cruises we saw off color brownish water coming from the taps. We were told this sediment is from "stirring the tanks" and that the water was perfectly safe to drink - while this may be true it was very unappealing.

The ship's potable water supply is comprised both of water taken on at ports and water treated on board through the ship's desalination system.

While the water may be safe to drink, and usually looks OK, my wife and I find that it has enough sodium in it to make us feel bloated and a little swollen. If we switch to bottled water these symptoms go away. It could be that since we follow very low sodium diets that the higher content of the sodium in the ship's food brings our tolerance closer to a problem area for us and the water just takes us over. We still drink the ship's water often in coffee and other drinks, ice, and during many dining room meals. But for our other use, and we drink a lot of water during the day, we rely on bottled water. We usually just buy this on the ship. While it is expensive at $4 for 1.5 liter of Evian it is very convenient and we ask our room steward to keep our stateroom stocked with several bottles at all times.

We know of a few other cruisers that have the same effects from the ship's water but we also know of many cruisers who drink the ship's water all the time with no issues at all. I'd recommend that one just tries the ship's water and if they don't like it for any reason then switch to the bottled water.

I agree with you 100% Larry. Our first cruise my feet were so swollen after a couple of days I could barely wear my shoes and I eat a lot of salt on land, so I don't follow a low sodium diet. The only explanation had to be the water. I still drink the tea and lemonade but also supplement with bottled water and this prevents the swelling.

You can also check out the beverage packages. There is one that is for water only, but if you think that you may enjoy non alcoholic or even alcoholic beverages on your trip you may want to check out the beverage packages, just make sure you get one that includes the water!

Archived