Cabin Switch

RadMom43

Hi everyone. I have submitted this:confused: question on the meet and mingle boards, but also thought I would put it out here too.

We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas - September 26th. Eastern. We have a total of 8 cabins and booked through our TA, etc. However, in thinking over the cabin situation, my family is in Cabin 1700 (Corner Aft - Deck 10) and my friend's family is in Cabin 1702 (Aft Cabin, right next to ours.) There are only three of us in our cabin (me, my husband and my 11 year old son.) My daughter is in my parent's JS cabin (Cabin 1706). Anyway . . . I think the corner cabin has a little bit more room, if my friend's family needs to ask for a rollaway bed. When we originally booked, we sort of assumed there was a pullman bed. She has two kids (Ages 14 and 12 (boy and girl).) I have requested through my TA several times about us switching and really have not received a very good response. It's the same Cat. cabin, we are all a group, etc. My question is, can we get these switched once we board the ship? We have all checked in on line and received our luggage tags. I don't want any complications while checking in at the pier, so one poster said that once we board to just go to Guest Relations and they will make the switch. Does anyone have any experience with this? It's just that our pictures will be attached to our seapass and our account, set up, etc.

Sorry for the long, rambling email and thank you in advance for any suggestions.

I think what the OP said about just going to guest relations is OK. But why not just call RC direct and see what they suggest. This should not be a big deal. Have a great cruise.

If she booked thru a TA, only that TA can switch them. RCL wouldnt touch the booking.

OP Im thinking the problem is you are past final payment, so you cant just cancel and rebook the cabins as you would like... it should be able to be done onboard. If not, then go and enjoy.

I don't think RCI has rollaway beds. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In that case, maybe you should just keep the corner aft and enjoy the larger room and balcony.

If brother and sister don't want to sleep on sofa sleeper together, then maybe parents can (ask for egg crate) and have twin beds separated for the kids.

We are mixed up too, DH is booked with his brother, and I am booked with SIL. This was originally a mix up by RCCL. When we tried to change it, it became a big mess, so we kept it this way.

I have read many times on here that there is no prob getting the seapass cards changed by guest relations.

You can also have kids move from room to room every day without formal changes.

Once you are onboard, you can switch and move around to your heart's content...they do NOT care who sleeps where, or with whom! Really, they don't! You could put all of you into one cabin and leave the other totally empty...they simply do NOT care.

Just go and get keys for the rooms you need them for....easy.

We are mixed up too, DH is booked with his brother, and I am booked with SIL.

this has happened to me and my DH as well and we fixed it when we were on the pier checking in. This was going on 4 years ago so don't bet the farm on it but, just letting you know i was able to change 2 people from room to room.

Good luck and i hope it all works out for you

Archived