Aug. 15th Legend Family Cruise...with Photos

AryMay

Thank you for posting your review. I enjoyed reading it.

I am from south of St Paul, so it is interesting to tie in some of the places, such as Bethel, to my memories.

I have 4 kids, ages 9 - 16, and I see in our future - possibly cruising with adult kids and "tag a longs". I am glad it was so much fun for you all. Gives me hope that out the door doesn't mean never together again.

Our 2nd cruise in 17 days on Conquest out of New Orleans! Whooohooo!

Enjoy your cruise coming up!

Just some advice...don't wait too long to book that family cruise. Our first grand baby is due in a couple of weeks and that will be the end of any family cruises for some time (cause hopefully this will be the start of even more babies!)

I am so glad we were able to cruise when we did!

• 5 months later...

Without reading every page and every word, I may have missed did you go to the Past Guest Party, how was it? From what I have read in repsonse to my comment about our party, our was far different from anyone elses.

Eveyone on the Legend on weeks before us had a good expereince, I have not seen a post from anyone since our cruise as to how their party went.

Just being nosy sorry

Without reading every page and every word, I may have missed did you go to the Past Guest Party, how was it? From what I have read in repsonse to my comment about our party, our was far different from anyone elses.

Eveyone on the Legend on weeks before us had a good expereince, I have not seen a post from anyone since our cruise as to how their party went.

Just being nosy sorry

I don't think I did cover the past guest party in the review. Did you realize that that this cruise took place TWO years ago? I was surprised to see the post revived after all this time! Thanks to those who have left compliments in the past few days. I had to take time to re-read what I had written and look at all of the photos...such good family memories for me! (Which is the real reason that I take time to write these reviews!)

To the best of my memory (which isn't saying much) I think we went got there at the very tail end of the past guest party...just in time to get one drink. I don't remember anything about the food that was served or any program which makes me think we missed all of that.

Your review is one of the top ten best that I have read. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

I love these types of reviews with pictures. It makes me feel like I've gone on the cruise too!

Thank you for such a great review!! My family and I will be on the Legend next week, so I'm always happy to read all the positive things, over the negative.

Thank you all so much! I noticed that a couple of the photos are no longer available...sorry...not sure how that happened.

I have gained so much information from reading other reviews that I feel obligated to "pay it forward". :)

Thank you for such a great review!! My family and I will be on the Legend next week, so I'm always happy to read all the positive things, over the negative. :)

Be sure to check out AryMay's other reviews! They are obviously just as good. :) They all certainly make you feel like you're on the cruise with her and family.

Great job again AryMay, don't mean to post and type my words as if your not here. :)

Posting them below in case some posters may have signatures off and not see them posted.

Carnival Victory 1/12

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1571840

Carnival Legend 8/10

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1270052

Carnival Freedom 7/09

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1027676

http://travel.webshots.com/album/573668084fAZPPM

Carnival Victory 8/05

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=229184&highlight=victory

Carnival Paradise 6/04

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=71472

Carnival Paradise 6/02

• 1 year later...

Hi! I found your review while doing a search for Bodden tour reviews. While I was originally looking for tour info, I kept reading because as a mom of three boys it was particularly heartwarming to me - thank you so much for the wonderful review and the glimpse of your family :)

My mom is treating us to a cruise over New Years, and it will be the first for my boys, who will be 9, 6 and 3 at the time of cruising. I am so looking forward to creating family cruising memories! And hopefully my guys will allow me some time to post a mini-review of my own :D

Hi! I found your review while doing a search for Bodden tour reviews. While I was originally looking for tour info, I kept reading because as a mom of three boys it was particularly heartwarming to me - thank you so much for the wonderful review and the glimpse of your family :)

My mom is treating us to a cruise over New Years, and it will be the first for my boys, who will be 9, 6 and 3 at the time of cruising. I am so looking forward to creating family cruising memories! And hopefully my guys will allow me some time to post a mini-review of my own :D

So surprised to see this thread bumped up after all of this time!

Glad you enjoyed the review...we have such wonderful memories of our trip together. So nice that you are able to cruise when your boys are so young...and especially nice that your mother is treating! Our first non-camping vacation with the kids was when my mother & father-in-law gave us a trip to Disney World.

Immediately (like 2 weeks!) after this cruise our youngest son & his fiance had their wedding...then about 18 months ago our middle son & wife had our first grandchild...and now the youngest son & wife are expecting their first in a couple of months. We debated about taking this cruise so close to the wedding (made for a little bit of stress in the planning) but am so glad we did because now who knows when we would be able to go.

Have a great time on your cruise...take lots of pictures and make lots of memories. I am convinced that a cruise is a fantastic way to vacation together as a family! :) I will be looking forward to reading your review!

Oh man, AryMay! That SI article is absolutely harrowing. Yes, you and your family certainly had much to celebrate on that cruise and every day since. Thank you for posting that link.

I'm eager to see a picture of your family with the grandkids. Many congratulations.

Just read your review. Very nice and wonderful pictures. Then noticed it was dated back in 2010. Good to see a review that lasts forever. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome review. I felt as if I was there and a part of your family!!

Glad to see that people are still finding this review. Hopefully no one is too disappointed when they realize how old it is! ;)

Oh man, AryMay! That SI article is absolutely harrowing. Yes, you and your family certainly had much to celebrate on that cruise and every day since. Thank you for posting that link.

I'm eager to see a picture of your family with the grandkids. Many congratulations.

Thank you for the kind words. My husband's experience has definitely taught us to appreciate each day and not take tomorrow for granted.

I have since found a link to the Sport's Illustrated article that includes photos if you are interested: Countdown to Tragedy

Fox News interviewed Bob on the day that the article was published and included many photos and video that were taken the day of the accident. Here is the link to the TV interview:

There have been some hard times since this accident (cancer, job losses, etc.) but God has given us so many blessings as well. We are looking forward to our next cruise in December...and then possibly an Alaskan cruise next summer. I just bought a new camera so be watching for the next AryMay review (on Princess this time!)

AriMay, I am so sorry to hear of the hard times. Enough! I hope your grandchildren have brought you much greater joy than the hardships have caused you pain. My best wishes to all of you.

I'll open your links when I get to my home computer. I am sure they will scare me to death and result in my son being prohibited from going outside if there is a cloud in the sky. Yours is truly an amazing story.

Archived