TSA and Liquids bag

rian90

Fair 'nuff. I just wanted to be sure you knew that option. And, just be prepared to give up those items just in case you get a cranky TSA checker. It happens. You can check the Security forum over at FlyerTalk to see instances of that.

Thanks!! I will do that. That is a pretty nifty forum!

You are absolutely right to want to go to Venice with a carry-on bag. A big bag would be a nightmare there. Venice is also not a palce to pick up inexpensive day to day clothes to fill in for a lost bag.

I agree that the liquids can be the most difficult part of carry-on packing.

Lush makes some solid shampoos that work well and don't have to go into the bag. They also have metal tins to carry the shampoo "tablet" in. I travelled for 6 weeks with one and had enough left for a couple of weeks at home.

I don't know if they sell them in the States, but in England you can get women's razors with disposable blades that have built in shaving gel. I find they work very well and don't have to be put in the 1 quart bag.

It may be worth buying sun lotion on the air side of the last airport before Venice as it is really difficult to carry enough sunscreen in a 3oz/100ml bottle.

I never thought of buying sunscreen at the Airport! We will be flying out of Atlanta so I suspect they would have sunscreen as well as some body lotion. Thanks!

As for Lush, I have strange allergies and was so happy when I discovered their store. They had a deodorant that I tried but it was horrible on my skin. I broke out and was itchy for several days. So I had to throw it away and it was an expensive lesson. I am now a bit leery of their products because the sales person promised me the deodorant was for sensitive skin and would not bother me. Of course, everyone is different but I suspect its the heavy fragrances, natural or not, that bother me. Its an amazing place though and I wish I had the nerve to try them again but not for a trip away from home. I don't want to be itching while touring Venice. :)

Archived