Icy Strait Point

uktog

I have got all our trips booked already except ISP - I had wanted to do Bears there, but on the Celebrity booking options for our cruise, it does not appear. Is that because we are going in early September and there are no bears then or what. If I cannot get a trip through Celebrity, can anyone else offer a Bear watching trip at ISP (all the other ports I have other plans for so this would have been my bear port) and who should I contact

Hi! We will be on Celebrity Summit end of June, and I was able to book the bear excursion on the Celebrity website. My understanding that the bears probably won't be out this early, but I booked anyway since it described viewing alot of other nature. I just booked this last month when it opened for bookings. YOu might want to call Celebrity to see why it not available for your cruise yet..or if maybe it is just already booked up?? Good luck!

can anyone else offer a Bear watching trip at ISP (all the other ports I have other plans for so this would have been my bear port) and who should I contact

This isn't something I would really recommend but might give someone an idea..(not for the weak hearted).I was visiting a friend in Hoonah(ISP) a couple yrs ago before it was a port of call. We went to the dump to make a deposit and when we got out of the truck there was 3 huge brown bears that I found myself looking at face to face.They were busy rummaging as I took a couple pics.I then realized my friends were back in the truck,for good reason, as I hightailed it back myself.The blueberry picking was awesome and I loved the logging roads.I haven't checked and highly doubt they have rental cars but there was a taxi company.A private charter might take you to roads less traveled??They might have improved the landfill too.Maybe an adventurous soul will find this interesting.A dump certainly isn't a beautiful place but the bears sure love it!

Archived