Daily Cruise Info/ "Compass" for W. Caribbean?

boingy300

I am new to HAL ;) . On other cruise lines they have daily cruise sheets which explain what's going on and when. I realize every cruise is different but they follow a similar "theme". On RCCL it's called a Cruise Compass. Does anyone have a link to a "cruise compass", if you will, for HAL Western Caribbean? It would be fun to get a feel for what is I can look forward to. Thanks!

Karen

On HAL it is called the "Daily Program".

There aren't any ships in the Caribbean right now -- thus no one has posted any Daily programs from their cruises. The programs differ from ship to ship and year to year.

I realize they vary based on ports/cruise, but I would imagine they follow a certain schedule. Oh well. I was actually looking for any HAL W. Caribbean "daily program", not necessarily the latest. Surprise is good. I prefer some planning....

Thanks for the information!

Karen

A lot also depends on the captain and the cruise director.

We have done the same itinerary on the same ship -- had a different captain and a different cruise director -- different activities and times of activities wre different.

In 2008 we did a repositioning cruise on the Westerdam -- not much in the way of activities. In 2009 we did the same repositioning cruise -- tons of changes -- many acitivities -- what a difference a year made. And what was strange -- this time we did have the same captain and the same cruise director.

A lot also depends on the captain and the cruise director.

We have done the same itinerary on the same ship -- had a different captain and a different cruise director -- different activities and times of activities wre different.

In 2008 we did a repositioning cruise on the Westerdam -- not much in the way of activities. In 2009 we did the same repositioning cruise -- tons of changes -- many acitivities -- what a difference a year made. And what was strange -- this time we did have the same captain and the same cruise director.

Wow! How does someone with control issues (like me)plan?lol! I have to admit I am coming from RCCL which is rock wall/roller blade ADHD cruise to a quieter HAL and I'm a little nervous. My DH will be in seminars on sea days and I was trying to get an idea of what I can do by myself. I have a cabana for the week but wanted to stray into activities.....by myself.(Read coward)I'm a social creature as a rule.

Karen

I have a cabana for the week but wanted to stray into activities.....by myself.(Read coward)I'm a social creature as a rule.

Karen

You should have no problem making new friends on HAL. Everyone we met was gracious, and most were well-traveled, willing to share their adventures. We've found people love to talk about those adventures, and we love to listen. Next thing we know we're being invited to do this or that with a new friend. We are generally shy and reserved, so if we can make friends, I'm sure you'll have no trouble at all.

As you've written, HAL vessels are generally quieter, more laid-back than RCL, so you should not be disappointed that there aren't 10 activities per hour. Usually there are only 1-2, but as someone else pointed out, how busy a ship is depends a lot on the CD, but we've never lacked for something to entertain us, even if it's just people-watching.

Have a wonderful time.

Archived