Early or late seating on the Legend?

stanrock22

We prefer late. The ship is in 2 of the ports until 5 and 6 p.m. We like to enjoy our time onshore. With late we don't have to rush back to the ship to get ready for dinner at 5:30 p.m. We like traditional with the same table and wait staff, but you could always do anytime dining.

We had early seating and will probaly do that again. We were usually back on the ship two - 3 hours before it pulled out of port to eat and have some time alone in the pools. We're not the type to stay out late so we would eat, find a trivia game, go to the show, get a snack upstairs and then off to bed.

We (husband and I) originally booked Anytime Dining for our December cruise on the Legend, but I called last week and had it changed to Early. We are early eaters at home, and the ship leaves the ports at a fairly early hour. It should work great for us, but I'm going to try Anytime Dining with my gal pals in late April on the Ecstasy.

We were on the legend a year and a half ago. We prefer late seating, and have never switched otherwise. We would have a lovely day in port, get back in time to shower, and a little afternoon nap before dinner.

The evening entertainment went on right after our dinner, and then some of our party retired afterwards or maybe some late night karaoke fun.

Have a great time on the legend!

I like late seating. You get to see the ship go under the bridge. You don't have to rush to get ready after ports since some of them go until 5 p.m. I normally eat earlier at home, but on the ship, I'll typically order something small (veggies or fruit maybe) from room service while I'm getting ready to tide me over until dinner.

We had early dining, because our work week does not allow for it, I don't get home until 7 sometimes 11, so to enjoy a meal knowing I wont be going to sleep on a full tummy is wonderful. On the other hand, I missed going under the bridge on the Legend....I did wake up in the middle of the night on the second to the last night to see Cancun going by(Yes Cancun), they were trying to to get back to Tampa and took a short cut,,,the next cruise, the Legend had problems, so maybe they knew about the problems on our cruise...hmmm?

I also wanted to make sure there was enough lobster:D:rolleyes::eek:

Another vote for late seating. I don't like being rushed to start dinner. I'd rather get ready at my leisure, have a drink, people watch. There are also typically a lot of activities that start in the late evening, I think if I ate dinner too early I'd be ready to go to sleep too early.

I prefer EARLY, simply because it leaves me more time each night to enjoy the shows, bars, karaoke, and all the other entertainment aboard. When I've done LATE seating, we often didn't leave the dining room until 9:30 or 10 o'clock, and much of the evening was gone.

"SKY"

We do early seating and have no problem with it. We generally eat earlier at home so early seating is best for us. I asked my daughter about anytime dining and she isn't interested. We enjoy the MDR so much and making a connection with the waiters, she didn't even want to consider that.

We like late dining - and on the Legend if you have early dining you'll be at dinner that first night when the ship sails under the Sunshine Skyway bridge - something you should see!

We plan to skip dinner in the MDR the first night...we'll be topside until we get past that bridge! :D

Late seating's advantages are taking your time to get ready after being in port all day. Disadvantages, to me, are that if I eat that late, I just want to go to BED afterwards...especially after being out in the sun and in the water all day.

Early seating's advantages are converse...you have to rush a bit to make it in time for dinner, but then you have atleast a bit of energy to enjoy the nightlife afterwards.

Having done both, and going to try Your Time dining this next time around, at this point I do prefer the early seating. I feel like I'm getting more out of my vacation and being able to force my eyes open a bit and stay up to MAYBE midnight, LOL.

Archived