Indian Menu?

skittl1321

I saw on Carnival's website that there is an Indian food menu that is available by special request (2 weeks before the cruise).

Has anyone ordered this? Do you have to order each night, or do you specify your choices ahead of time? Can you still get a regular entree?

What is the quality of the food?

Thanks!

(If this hsa been discussed before, I apologize- I tried to search, but couldn't find anything.)

I saw on Carnival's website that there is an Indian food menu that is available by special request (2 weeks before the cruise).

Has anyone ordered this? Do you have to order each night, or do you specify your choices ahead of time? Can you still get a regular entree?

What is the quality of the food?

Thanks!

(If this hsa been discussed before, I apologize- I tried to search, but couldn't find anything.)

There is an Indian menu available, and you should probably call in advance if you want to have Indian vegetarian every night. In my experience, there has always been an Indian vegetarian entree (that features paneer cheese and chick peas) on the first night in the main diningroom. After that, there is the Tandoor grill station on the Lido deck at lunch time. The head chefs on Carnival are usually Indian, and it definitely shows in the quality of the Indian cuisine on the ship (even in the buffet).

It's available only 24 hours in advance? The website says 2 weeks notice.

I guess I just don't want to be tied to Indian food- I greatly enjoy it, so I thought it would be fun to try, but it's not all I want to eat.

(Yes- I've seen the menu, but thank you to the poster who provided the link, it may help others. I'm just looking for experiences of others ordering this special menu- NOT the invidiual entrees on the regular menu or the lido tandorri grill.)

That Indian Plate (served on the first night) is really delicious

They also have an Indian "Taste of Nations" buffet one day

The new ships have a Tandoor (Indian) station too

The chefs (and many of the assistants, sous chefs, line cooks etc)seem to be (mostly) Indian so it is NO wonder that they are great at preparing their own cuisine !!

*Now...I also think that is why the ONLY thing they can't seem to cook very well is totally "American" Tom Turkey and the "pumpkin pie" (diet) also is a bummer LOL

For me their seasoning in the "stuffing" is just...wrong

Maybe they use curry or ?? <grin> I don't know

but really if you are Vegetarian it might be a good idea to preorder the Indian food, I bet it is all good

Archived