Weather Worries!!!!

suz1450

We are taking our 2 dd's on their first cruise on 9/24/10 and just saw that Igor could be a cat.5 hurricane & there are 2 more forming right behind it!!! We are leaving out of Charleston SC. Any idea if they will be able to "go around"them, or will we probably not sail at all? I know we took a chance sailing during hurricane season, but the girls have a week off school so it worked out nicely (so I thought!) We have taken 4 cruises this same week in the past 8 yrs.

We are taking our 2 dd's on their first cruise on 9/24/10 and just saw that Igor could be a cat.5 hurricane & there are 2 more forming right behind it!!! We are leaving out of Charleston SC. Any idea if they will be able to "go around"them, or will we probably not sail at all? I know we took a chance sailing during hurricane season, but the girls have a week off school so it worked out nicely (so I thought!) We have taken 4 cruises this same week in the past 8 yrs.

The ships almost always sail, the rare exception would be if the embarkation port took a direct hit, at the scheduled departure day. Igor and Julia are looking like they will probably be open sea-storms, which might cause rougher waters, but shouldn't have a tremendous impact. Plus Igor should be long gone in 11 days.

Igor will be little more than a statistic by the time y'all sail.

Julia has already started on a turn to the north so she will be no factor, either.

I think y'all are gonna be fine.

The ship will almost certainly sail, even if they have to modify the itinerary.

:)

I think y'all are gonna be fine.

Well, they'll be fine as far as Igor and Julia are considered. Who knows what else might develop in the next 2 weeks to cause them problems though. The 24th is still too far away to make much of a guess.

But they will no doubt have a cruise somewhere, so in that regard, you are right. They will be fine!

Archived