Halloween Cruise Costumes

IflyWithDi

This looks like so much fun! :) I love these costumes. I'm wondering if anyone came as a cruise tourist in a bathrobe...

Last Halloween, on the Spirit, two college age guys wore bathrobes as their costumes. They ran around the dining room, stopping randomly at different tables, and 'flashed' the table while yelling.

We were one of the 'lucky' tables to get flashed. There wasn't much to see.....but it made us laugh. ;)

My BF and I went on the Inspiration Oct. 19-24th '09...We went with a few other friends who had been notified via e-mail (being past Carnival cruisers) of the costume party. (Formal night was the previous night, not sure if that was altered to accomodate costume night or not.) We came up with Cleopatra and the Pharoah costumes which I hand-made. We ended up on stage at the end of the night and chosen by the staff to be in the top 5 finalist! We had a great time, and would say we ranked 3rd on the whole ship!!

How do we find out prior to the cruise if there is going to be a costume party ?

Someone posted on the roll call thread for our cruise that there will be Halloween activities, but I am just wondering how we know that for sure. :cool:

Thanks

Go to John Heald's blog...look on the Sept 16 post titled "For Your Eyes Only", go through about half the page and you will see "Frightfully Fun Date Schedule." There will be a list of the ships and what date the activities are.

Great ! thanks - will do that now :)

On a 2007 Halloween cruise we dressed as Hippies, there were several flappers and gangsters. The cutest idea (to me) was a group who was cruising together and they dressed up as the entire Gilligans island crew.

One guy wore khakis, and a plaid shirt with a sign around his neck that said: "Nudist on vacation" and actually got into the finals in the costume contest on board.

Some were downright vulgar, a man dressed like Peter Pan, green leotards and all, but he had tied a skillet (pan) around his waist. He would lift it up and sure enough, he had an artificial man's private part (peter) underneath.

Dressed up as Pippi Longstocking on my last Halloween cruise.

Also, almost everyone in staterooms close to ours decorated their doors. Some people were very imaginative and came up with themed doors, loved it. Of course, we decorated our door.

Lots of fun cruising on Halloween, enjoy.

Rose

• 3 weeks later...

Archived