Another AQ plus

Dena

I have been looking at the deck plans and it looks the the hallways in AQ will get a good amount of natural light from the dome over the library and the stairway to the spa. The upper floor of the library looks like a nice place to sit and it pretty close to some of the AQ cabins.

Please realise that a lot of the books from the library spend their time sunbathing on deck.

We found most of the chairs we occupied by readers and sleepers for long periods of time.

And good luck trying to find a book, there appears to be no order whatsoever!

Richard

My husband and I are avid readers but we only take two books apiece when we cruise on Celebrity.

We board the ship early and one of the first places we visit is the Library. The books are current and somewhat in order on that first day. There are also numerous current titles that have been left behind by the passengers who just departed.

Using the library on board saves some weight in our checked baggage.

Karen and Jim

Cove Point, MD

It is one of my pet peeves that passengers go to the library first thing and take 10 - 15 books that they may want to read while on the cruise, leaving nothing current for anyone else. Why can't people just take one and then get a new one when they return the first one? Just venting.

I purposely choose not to read much on cruises only because I don't want to be whisked to "another" place. I don't want to leave cruise reality for even a moment!:) . . .Just constantly want to drink in all sights & sounds of the cruising life:D

I agree! I like to look at the ocean and meditate.

No Dewey Decimal System. Divided into Fiction and Non-fiction. Then alphabetized by first letter of author's last name.

Don't expect to find a specific book. Just do pot luck and you'll probably find something decent on the shelves. Just got off a 7 day and I read 4 books. It's interesting: I have found that I read much faster on a ship than I do at home. Maybe it's the freedom from thinking about work, things that shuld be done around the house, etc. BTW, I only take out one book at a time. The Solstice Library was open all the time, it seems, and books are taken out on kind of an honor system. It's up to you to sign the book out and to sign it back in.

I purposely choose not to read much on cruises only because I don't want to be whisked to "another" place. I don't want to leave cruise reality for even a moment!:) . . .Just constantly want to drink in all sights & sounds of the cruising life:D

I don't feel that reading blows, but yeah... on a cruise it's a little much for me.

Sitting on your balcony with a wonderful book in the middle of the afternoon on a sea day for an hour or two...heavan...or just after sunrise before DH wakes up...heavan too!..after all we all have our own way of relaxing and unwinding....that's for SURE one of mine!:)

My husband and I are avid readers but we only take two books apiece when we cruise on Celebrity.

We board the ship early and one of the first places we visit is the Library. The books are current and somewhat in order on that first day. There are also numerous current titles that have been left behind by the passengers who just departed.

Using the library on board saves some weight in our checked baggage.

Karen and Jim

Cove Point, MD

As avid readers, you might want to consider an ebook. I carry approximately a thousand books with me everywhere I go. Total weight? About 14 ounces. :)

Archived