Baltic Cruise

Lvtocruize2

Sadly enough, we missed our port at Tallin Estonia. It had started raining in St. Petersburg the PM we left port and evidently built up during the night. The Captain tried to dock early the next morning but the seas and wind were so high (winds 50 mph) that the waves covered the pier so he made the smart decision to continue on to Visby. Many pax, of course, were disappointed but everyone was understanding of the Captain not wanting to risk safety of the passengers and crewmen. The seas were rough the whole day and then the crossing from Oslo to Amsterdam was even rougher than in the Gulf of Finland. We did quite well and really enjoyed the days at sea!

Our private tour in St. Petersburg was FANTASTIC! We employed TJ Travel and had the most gracious knowledgeable young guide (Ksenia has a Master's Degree in History of Fine Arts from St. Petersburg State Univ. of Culture and Arts), who was able to get us pass crowds to enter the Hermitage and Catherine's Palace. I highly recommend this agency, guide and driver!! We had contacts with both owners of the business before we left Russia. My husband feel in love with our guide, as did I, and I will try to post some pics after we get over the coming home jet lag!

Patty

Sounds like you had a wonderful time despite missing Tallin. Would you mind posting the e-mail addy of the company you used for your tour in St. Petersburg? We are sailing next July, and I am currently researching the various tour companies offering private tours there.

In 2006 we had to miss Visby (high winds and we couldn't anchor) but did get to Tallin. We loved it! The old town is small and really beautiful. The gudie was not great but the buildings etc were. And the hustle and bustle in the old town square had to be seen to be believed!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time despite missing Tallin. Would you mind posting the e-mail addy of the company you used for your tour in St. Petersburg? We are sailing next July, and I am currently researching the various tour companies offering private tours there.

Google TJ Travel St. Petersburg Russia and this will bring you to their web site. Their email address is traveltospb@gmail.com I always received a prompt reply from one of the owners, Julia. We loved our young guide who is so knowledgeable, caring of our needs and loves her job. Her name is Ksenia!

Archived