What should we do?

taffer

Hello: We are a 31 and 29 year old couple hoping to make the most of our honeymoon experience this October when we cruise out of San Juan and stop at port of calls, (in order) St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and lastly, St. Maarten. We will be flying in on Saturday and staying at Marriott Stellos. We want to be adventures/trying new things like zip lining, snorkeling, horseback riding, etc..., and would like to relax some as well. What would be a good itenary mix of excursions and relaxing ideas? We are curious if anyone had thoughts on most sees and when great times/ports are great to relax at? Everyone's thoughts are appreciated.

If you are offered the Atlantis Submarine at Barbados, do it. We did and it was great. Take your camera and you'll get some awesome pics through the portholes.

On St. Lucia, take the rainforest canopy tram...or ziplines. The zips were too "active" for us, so we did the tram, but we could see the zippers and they all looked like they were having a great time. The rainforest on St. Lucia is amazing as it is in a mountainous area, not just flat.

Congrats! and enjoy your "honeyed-moon".

In St Thomas I'd hop a cab to red hook take the ferry over to St John rent a jeep and explore the island with stops at Maho, trunk,hawknest and Honeymoon for beaches then over to Skinny legs for a burger if you are there on a Sunday you could go to miss lucy's for brunch with jazz. Then back to cruz bay with stops at Woody's and the Beach bar and you can't go to STJ with out a stop at St John spice If you do. Tell Ruth that waterguy say hi.

Tom

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. That is a nice itinerary for that cruise. A couple of excursions you may look into:

*St. Marten has a nice zip lining/obstacle course. I booked this through the cruise line. St. Marten also has a couple really fun beaches - Maho and Orient. In Maho it is adjacent to an airport so the planes fly literally right over your head. Orient beach is one half nude beach, one half regular. Lots of neary places for food and drink and the beach itself is very nice. I did a tour through Spencer Ambrose that stopped at both (as well as some additional places; it was very reasonably priced).

*One of my favorite all time excursions was snorkelling with sea turtles in Barbados. I booked this with a private excursion vendor - El Tigre - they were oustanding. Very friendly helpful staff and they have open bar! Link to El Tigre: http://www.eltigrecruises.com/

*St. Thomas has lots of beautiful beaches to choose from. It may be fun to go para sailing there. We were signed up for this, but unfortunately it was cancelled due to weather.

*Not sure if any of the other ports offer ATV tours, but I had a blast riding an ATV on an excursion while in Cozumel. That may be something to consider for one of your ports.

*While in San Juan you may want to see if the canoe/kayak trip into the bioluminescent bay area can be booked through your hotel. We did not do this, but a friend did and highly recommended it. We went into the rain forest which was fun, but the bioluminescent bay definitely sounds more exciting.

Archived