What Fashion "Rules" do You Break?

TerriSea

my nails almost never match my toenails like dark on the toes and french on the nails.:)

I didn't think they were supposed to match. :confused:

I hate my feet and used a peachy-beige colour for our cruise to made my feet look acceptable but not draw attention to them and I had a rosy pink on my fingernails. The polish on my toes lasts forever compared to my fingers.

I did notice that a lot of other women matched toes to nails on our long tender ride back to the ship from Belize.

I could live in my volleyball/yoga pants, a t-shirt and a polar fleece sweater all year if I could get away with it.

Oh wait, I often do get away with it, since I'm not working and spend every day with Mom's two Springer Spaniels. They're neutrals and go with everything, black and white and the other is liver (brown) and white.

I have everyone of you beat...:D. I wear Kilts...No not the Scottish type, but Utilikilts that is made for everyday wear. Along with a t shirt or regular collar type shirt. socks and tennis shoes. I also have Desert camo kilts as well.

You can wear it but I would not be caught dead in a metallic belt. I prefer to dress for success. :) It is just the business woman in me.

I'm just curious as to how a metalic belt is un-professional? I think there are some beautiful and tastefull metalic belts out that would look stunning with business wear.

Actually I had a lot of help.:o My health, weight and body was in really bad shape. So my insurance paid for my to have gastric bypass surgery. I've lost 145lbs since 6/15/09.:D Health is 100% better, weight is great (I now weigh 125lbs) and body is so so. The worst time was work from Jan through April I was losing the weight the fastest for some reason. I was actually buying new clothes about every other week for work. Goodwill loved me.;) I think I have finally leveled out now. At least I hope so, I really don't need to lose anymore, too many bones are starting to stick out now. But I am trying to wear different styles of clothing. That's one reason I like the fashion forum on cc. You all have a good one,

Sue

Wow Congratulations on such an amazing success, you must be loving being able to wear things that you never would have before. Never heard the Labour Day rule but then I'm in Australia, Melbourne is the Basic Black capital of Aus having a real winter, but we wear lots of white too.

I just cant break some of the rules as I think they make visual sense, "No stripes or patterns mixed with florals", "No blue with green unless theres something in between" Shoes preferably not be lighter than the colour of your hemline, unless its casual wear and they are trainers. White boots are only worn by Bimbos or at 80s dress up parties. Big girls (me) should stay away from Big patterns. Mostly my biggest fashion concern is that the fabric should be dog and cat hair resistant, no velvet in my house lol

I have everyone of you beat...:D. I wear Kilts...No not the Scottish type, but Utilikilts that is made for everyday wear. Along with a t shirt or regular collar type shirt. socks and tennis shoes. I also have Desert camo kilts as well.

COOL! :D

I think my hubby would look awesome in a utility kilt too!!;) Although the footwear: my hubby would wear Timberland or Redwing boots with the imaginary Utilikilt!!!

Archived