Chocolate breakfast?

39august

Yes, we had it yesterday morning (last full day of the westbound transatlantic). I was a bit disappointed in the chocolate waffles - I had envisioned dark brown waffles with cocoa used in the batter, and it was "just" two regular waffles with a yummy banana-and-something filling between them, with chocolate syrup drizzled over the top. Very good, but not what I was expecting.

No warning whatsoever - we went down to the MDR for brekkie, looked at the menu on the way in, and said OOOOOHHH!!!! :D

Wow, I wish they would advertise it correctly!

Do they post the menu for breakfast outside the dining room like they do for dinner?

We generally do breakfast in the Windjammer but I love chocolate chip pancakes! If I could check a menu before we turned in for the night instead of going to the dining room in the morning, I'd be a happy camper.

You can ask your MDR server. We were told by our server the night before about the chocolate breakfast.

You guys got the wrong thing then. We had the milkshake on both the Monarch and Grandeur and it was a real milkshake, thick, def not a choc. milk.

They GAVE me the wrong thing..........I was on the 8/27th cruise......I think they took chocolate milk and shook it up.....therefore a milk shake..:p:p

Do they post the menu for breakfast outside the dining room like they do for dinner?

They put it up in the mornings at the entrance, just like the dinner menus that don't get posted until after lunch is over.

Every morning there is a different breakfast "special." The chocolate breakfast was just one of the options. From most reports though the chocolate breakfast usually is offered the last full morning of the cruise.

You guys got the wrong thing then. We had the milkshake on both the Monarch and Grandeur and it was a real milkshake, thick, def not a choc. milk.

I know I got the wrong stuff.:(

One of my first jobs was executive vice president in charge of quality control of the ice cream, milkshake, and hot fudge sundae department at my dads ice cream factory. Even at 4 years old, I knew quality ice cream.:D

There was nothing like a #10 tin can of hot fudge. Or the new batches of ice cream coming out if the machines. 5 gallon pails of fresh shelled walnuts and 50 # boxes of real peppermint stick candy had to be carefully tested to make sure the quality was up to expectations.

Cindy,

How was your disembarking this a.m.?

R&D

Totally insane.

We waited FOREVER to get off. Our Customs and Immigration took place on the ship, which I thought was great. We heard the delay had something to do with the dock workers. We had tag number (no colors any more) 12 out of 31, and I think it was around 10 am before we were called (after reporting to Customs at 7 am; the Cruise Compass had listed our group as scheduled for 9:05 disembarkation).

We were waiting in the Schooner Bar, which gave us a great view of the disembarking passengers. Including a LOT of people who should not have been allowed to self-disembark, as they were elderly (some even with canes) and having a great deal of difficulty handling their own luggage.

Inside the luggage warehouse, we were accosted by a very rude woman ("Excuse me. EXCUSE ME!") who wanted to know which number we were looking for. As if we couldn't find the numbers on the walls ourselves. We found our luggage very quickly and headed outside.

My son was picking us up and had been waiting in the cell phone lot nearby; we called him as we walked down the gangplank, and I saw his car immediately upon exiting the warehouse. He jockeyed amongst the myriad taxis to pull over and load us up, and we were on our way. Easy trip through the tunnel to the airport to drop off Wrona, and then we turned around and headed for home.

Is there now a "chocolate breakfast" offered in the MDR on all RCI ships? And is it only on one morning or every morning, please?

Well, in the Diamond and Diamond plus dining room breakfast they did offer the chocolate items on the menu the last sea day of the cruise. I don't know if it was offered in the regular dining room- perhaps someone else will answer that.

Well, in the Diamond and Diamond plus dining room breakfast they did offer the chocolate items on the menu the last sea day of the cruise. I don't know if it was offered in the regular dining room- perhaps someone else will answer that.

It is offered in the MDR for all(one day)..............ONLY difference between the D/DP area is you get the free speciality coffee............same menu for all.........

sounds kind of lik the Chocoloate Souffle that was billed as decadent bitterseet chocolate. Everyone at our table ordered it and no one ate more than a bite. I think they made it with brown food colouring to get a mild brown colour. We were all expecting intense chocolate flavour, and it did not deliver.

[quote name='Queen of Oakville']sounds kind of lik the Chocoloate Souffle that was billed as decadent bitterseet chocolate. Everyone at our table ordered it and no one ate more than a bite. I think they made it with brown food colouring to get a mild brown colour. We were all expecting intense chocolate flavour, and it did not deliver.[/QUOTE]

That sounds disgusting, not to mention unhealthy! :eek:

Archived