Oceania Cruise Baltic June 21, 2011 The Marina

srb321

Anyone on this cruise interested in taking a private tour of St. Petersburg. If you rent a van for 4 - 6 persons it is much cheaper than taking a private car.

If not does anyone have any suggestions regarding private tours in St. Petersburg.

I will be there for two days. Do I need tour guide for both days or only one.

Thanks

Anyone on this cruise interested in taking a private tour of St. Petersburg. If you rent a van for 4 - 6 persons it is much cheaper than taking a private car.

If not does anyone have any suggestions regarding private tours in St. Petersburg.

Thanks

You should join the roll call for this cruise, which was recently started. This is your best bet for setting up or joining private tours for this sailing. The URL is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1206084.

Also check out the Ports of Call section for threads on St. Petersburg guides. There are lots of very good ones. Here's the URL: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192. Search for St Petersburg. Here's the URL for one specific new thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1275082

St Petersburg has lots to offer, and you should book both days. We had 3 days in port last year, and our tour guide filled every second of all three days. You can't do St Petersburg justice in one day...and even two will limit your experiences and you will have to make hard choices.

Thanks

You cannot get off the ship without a VISA unless you are with an organized tour .... either with the ship or a private guide

I agree you cannot really see SPB in 1 day

enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Two days will not do it justice. Catherine's Palace, Peter the Great's summer palace, Heritage and the list goes on. If the Summer Nights festival is on go to the ballet. All the top performers come home to perform at this time. There is a Russian folklore show that is fantastic. They do dances and songs from all over Russia with the local costumes.

We used Red October tour company for a 2 day private tour. We had a 15 passenger Mercedes van with driver and separate guide each day. They were the same people and were wonderful.

We were a group of 12 one day and 13 the next. Cost was very reasonable and we crammed in alot including a ride on the subway and a visit to a typical food store which had been a brothel.

Much cheaper than the ship tours. I highly recommend Red October.

Jean

Archived