GEM A3 Question

Boolie

Thanks in advance for any help you folks can give me. We're booked in a PH for Bahamas in December. Now have friends who may be able to go with us. A3 suite is described as having a separate "children's" bedroom. Does this mean it would not be big enough for two adults?? Sure would save some money if it could be worked out. Thanks for a quick response. Not much time before final pmt due.

Marsha

My brother stayed in an AB which is the same as an A3 but the A3 is in the courtyard. His two girls stayed in the extra bedroom and it was perfect for the kids. It would be a tight squeeze for adults but I would totally stay in the extra bedroom if it meant courtyard and suite perks in a second (my husband and I are in our mid-thirties) vs no courtyard and no suite perks in a different cabin.

It's just for a week, there is plenty of common space and you will have the whole courtyard as your disposal. We would do it in a minute if staying with good (and easy-going) friends...

Good luck! Have a great cruise!

Coffeecat

Posters have written that they have done this for the suite perks for everyone, but be aware in advance that the 2nd bedroom is very small with no windows. It is a BIG difference from the master bedroom, so the financial arrangements probably should reflect this. It does however have its own bathroom and a door for privacy. It is also possible for 1 person to sleep on the sofa bed in the living room. As long as everyone understands this in advance, it could work out very well, especially considering the savings involved. The suite perks are great, and all 4 of you would get these.

Really appreciate the feedback. We ended up (just a little bit ago) booking two separate PH suites. We're right next door to each other, and even though it cost more, we all feel we'll really be more comfortable this way. We are great friends...want to keep it that way!! The courtyard perks would be nice, I'm sure, but now we all have more room, more privacy, and balconies.

Again, thanks for all the helpful advice. As usual, y'all are THE BEST!!!

So, not to be smart or nosy, but you both must be doing okay financially. Those cabins are wonderful and very expensive!, as we did the A3 for just the two of us. We would have considered offering the little bedroom for someone if they wanted to cruise with us. It is smaller than an inside cabin, but you still have the living room and dining area, plus suite perks.

If there are any A-4s available, that would save a little.

Then again, when we did the the A3 and one woke up during the night, that person hung out in the little bedroom. Pure luxury.

Really appreciate the feedback. We ended up (just a little bit ago) booking two separate PH suites. We're right next door to each other, and even though it cost more, we all feel we'll really be more comfortable this way. We are great friends...want to keep it that way!! The courtyard perks would be nice, I'm sure, but now we all have more room, more privacy, and balconies.

Again, thanks for all the helpful advice. As usual, y'all are THE BEST!!!

This is the perfect solution! You will both be very happy with those rooms. I really hope that you have an excellent cruise! My husband and I are cruising with MIL and his aunt this spring and we thought about the A3 for all of us. Two A4s were just more than we could afford right now. In the end, we ended up going with an AD and AE. No courtyard for us but I am sure we will all survive!

Make sure you read up on all the suite perks as well before you go. Let us know if you have any more questions...posters to this thread have a few cruises in suites under our belts and would be happy to help out.

Coffecat

Archived