Princess changed layout of online shore excursions

SF

Looks like Princess has changed the layout for viewing and booking their shore excursions online.

Personally I prefer the old style as it also showed you how many spots for that tour were still available. To me this layout is too busy looking.

Just took a look. I LIKE IT, I think it's much better than the old way of looking up excursions. You don't have to keep clicking to read descriptions now. I for one am happy that they finally have changed things a bit to make it easier than before to see the excursions at a glance. ;) Sorry you don't find it the same, but then many times when there are changes, people don't seem to like any type of change as they are used to it the old way.

Does anyone know how far in advance the shore excursions become available for booking in cruise personalizer? I have an Alaskan cruise scheduled for July 6, 2011 and am anxious to look at excursions and start pricing them.

Anytime from 120 days prior to your cruise to around 60 days. There is no set limit. In fact, on our upcoming Tahiti cruise they were available 140 days out (first time I have ever seen them available that early though). You have a long time to wait before they are available for next July. :(

Just took a look. I LIKE IT, I think it's much better than the old way of looking up excursions. You don't have to keep clicking to read descriptions now. I for one am happy that they finally have changed things a bit to make it easier than before to see the excursions at a glance. ;) Sorry you don't find it the same, but then many times when there are changes, people don't seem to like any type of change as they are used to it the old way.
'

I like change and even though I find the overall layout more congested I could deal with it but they should have also included how many spots are still available for each tour like the old way. Now when booking you have to put in the number you want and wait to see if there are still that number of available spots. Why look and read about a tour that interests you just to find out there aren't enough spaces available for your party. Before if I saw there wasn't enough spots available I just skipped over that tour.

'

I like change and even though I find the overall layout more congested I could deal with it but they should have also included how many spots are still available for each tour like the old way. Now when booking you have to put in the number you want and wait to see if there are still that number of available spots. Why look and read about a tour that interests you just to find out there aren't enough spaces available for your party. Before if I saw there wasn't enough spots available I just skipped over that tour.

I agree with this. It would be nice to know if the excursion was full before trying to book...

And it's nice to see that Princess is, at least, trying to enhance some of their systems...

'

Now when booking you have to put in the number you want and wait to see if there are still that number of available spots. Why look and read about a tour that interests you just to find out there aren't enough spaces available for your party. Before if I saw there wasn't enough spots available I just skipped over that tour.

I hope you realize that the way it used to be, if it said '2' that didn't mean there were only 2 spots left available? I think the default number used to be 20 (which was the maximum number that ever showed in any excursion).............and as the tour sold, that number decreased. But when it said 20, that never meant there were only 20 excursions available, the same as when it said 2?

Anytime from 120 days prior to your cruise to around 60 days. There is no set limit. In fact, on our upcoming Tahiti cruise they were available 140 days out (first time I have ever seen them available that early though). You have a long time to wait before they are available for next July. :(

Toto...wanted to let you know how shocked I was day before yesterday. Excursions became available for our MR cruise in March 2011...that's about 180 days out. I've already booked them!!!

Toto...wanted to let you know how shocked I was day before yesterday. Excursions became available for our MR cruise in March 2011...that's about 180 days out. I've already booked them!!!

WOW! 180 days out? And here I thought when ours showed up 140 days out that was unbelievable. Kind of makes me wonder if our cruises might be booked towards the end of certain seasons when they have the vendor contracts secure so they can release the excursions.

It wasn't working when I checked late last night, so I assumed they were switching over right then. Well, it's still not working for me. When I choose "view excursions" I keep getting "ERROR Did not find data for the selected port" And that includes a port that I have already reserved an excursion for, so I know they're available. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or is it them?

It wasn't working when I checked late last night, so I assumed they were switching over right then. Well, it's still not working for me. When I choose "view excursions" I keep getting "ERROR Did not find data for the selected port" And that includes a port that I have already reserved an excursion for, so I know they're available. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or is it them?

rdsqrl's first rule of computer usage: if something isn't working, it's ALWAYS "them" . . .

Some of us are having trouble even getting the Princess site to load tonight, so that might be part and parcel of your issue, too.

I hope you realize that the way it used to be, if it said '2' that didn't mean there were only 2 spots left available? I think the default number used to be 20 (which was the maximum number that ever showed in any excursion).............and as the tour sold, that number decreased. But when it said 20, that never meant there were only 20 excursions available, the same as when it said 2?

I know the default number is usually set to 20 for most tours with some having less as a default. Many times when we wanted to select a tour and it showed only 3 left and we needed 4 it would not register so the count did have some value and what you stated "if it said '2' that didn't mean there were only 2 spots left available" isn't correct. The way I've seen it work in the past was after the 3 were used if there was still availability it reset to 20 or the default number again but if the tour was really sold out it stated that.

A friend told me about the change so I went to check it out. The reservations that I had made about 6 weeks ago had been deleted so I had to re-reserve my excursions.

I thought the same thing as I use to just click on shore excursions on the far right tab and when I did that under the new system it showed nothing. Then I clicked shore excursions under the person's name holding the reservation on the summary page and it came up so be careful that you didn't book twice.

It is nice having the pictures, but the lack of detailed information is a huge negative. I looked for a way to get the full information, as in the old system, and could not find anything. Am I missing something?

One way to get the old information is to just go to shore excursion on the main page and check them out by port there. Do not go to the cruise personalizer as I don't think they have finished updating the information, at least I hope that's all it is as it's not as explicit.

Archived