insurance/cancellation questions need help

REALgetaway

my travel companion has come down with a really bad case of vertigo.. and we're 30 days out from our cruise. He would not be able to do if it continues though.

rwe purchased travel insurance just in case something like this came up... we still may make the cruise on Carnival.. but if we can't because of illness. I think we are covered.

has anyone had to use their cruise insurance or had to cancel their cruise altogether?

how much was refunded to you? Was it easy to complete the cancellation process?

I booked the cruise through Alaska Airlines.. and they book through CruisesOnly.

just curious what other people have encountered in case we have to cancel.

There is a cruise travel insurance board here on CC with some experts that can help anwer your questions. You might post your questions there.

You will need to provide details like who is your insurance with, has your friend visited a doctor, what the doctor says.

I'm not as good as they are but my guess is. Your friends condition could be treated medically and they could travel so the insurance won't cover. A doctor has to certify that they can not travel.

But post over where the folks with experience can answer.

I got a full refund in 2007 when My Dad became ill and passed away,but I had to supply them with a copy of death certificate and proof that I paid for the cruise and not some one else. Never understood why they wanted the last part. what difference did it make who paid for it.

The insurance company would be best able to give you a definite answer... why not call and ask?

I don't think that one passenger's illness necessarily affects the other passenger, who is not ill, and could still cruise single, though. But that is just a guess.

We just cancelled our 8/23/2010 Elation cruise because my husband became ill.

The insurance company sent us some forms to complete to get credit. They included a form for us to fill out, a form for the doctors, and then a list of additional documentation to be sent which included a list of his medications, copies of credit card statements showing the initial purchase of the cruise and a copy of the credit card statement showing any refunds we received when we cancelled.

I received a full refund within a week of sending the information.

It was only my husband that was sick, but we received a reimbursement for all 5 of us.

We just cancelled our 8/23/2010 Elation cruise because my husband became ill.

The insurance company sent us some forms to complete to get credit. They included a form for us to fill out, a form for the doctors, and then a list of additional documentation to be sent which included a list of his medications, copies of credit card statements showing the initial purchase of the cruise and a copy of the credit card statement showing any refunds we received when we cancelled.

I received a full refund within a week of sending the information.

It was only my husband that was sick, but we received a reimbursement for all 5 of us.

Thanks for all the info everyone. After readying the 5 pages of detailed insurance coverage, it appears that we should be covered with the insurance to get a refund.

I'll let you know how things turn out of If I need some more help. thanks again.

Archived