4 in a room? Crowded?

newlife_2010

4 friends are looking to cruise in January 2011 on the Inspiration (lower level deck). With 4 in a room - is it crowded? We only will use the room to shower and sleep but as struggling college students, it seems to be the cheapest option for us.

It will only be crowded if you are all trying to stand up at the same time, lol.

4 friends are looking to cruise in January 2011 on the Inspiration (lower level deck). With 4 in a room - is it crowded? We only will use the room to shower and sleep but as struggling college students, it seems to be the cheapest option for us.

As struggling college students it is the best option but to answer your question, yes, it will be crowded.

We had four in a balcony cabin on the Pride in 08. DS19 is over 6 ft tall and around 260. Dh is 5'10 and I'm 5'8 DS 13 is around 5 feet...I can tell you with out a doubt we all fit into a quad no problem.. just put your suitcases under the beds or in the closets or even on the balcony if needed and you will have lots of room...DS19 slept on the top bunk and had extra foot room too.:D.. We are doing it all over again in Feb 2011

We had four in a balcony cabin on the Pride in 08. DS19 is over 6 ft tall and around 260. Dh is 5'10 and I'm 5'8 DS 13 is around 5 feet...I can tell you with out a doubt we all fit into a quad no problem.. just put your suitcases under the beds or in the closets or even on the balcony if needed and you will have lots of room...DS19 slept on the top bunk and had extra foot room too.:D.. We are doing it all over again in Feb 2011

From the sound of it I don't think the OP was considering a balcony cabin. If they are struggling college students they are probably getting an inside cabin...doable but crowded.

We had our family of 4 (including 18yo twins) in one room last year on the Conquest. Totally doable, especially for college students. Only problem might be if you are 4 girls, then bathroom space/time might become a tiny issue. But, as already mentioned, you can always shower up at the health club/spa. You will have a blast!

Like all others I also recommend using the showers in the spa as well. Use an over the door shoe organizer (clear) for cosmetics, hair stuff, camera, batteries, etc so to keep the room tidy - once it gets messy it seems to shrink in size. Put suitcases under the beds and use for dirty laundry and extra shoes. After you pack take out half and you will still pack too much. Have a blast

185 s.f. .. but at least two upper bunks wouldnt take up floor space.

When I was that age, Id have done it.

Cozy yes, but in the end you will have so much fun it won't matter :)

Above would be my thoughts as well.

I think you have to be 25 to book a cabin!:confused:

one person 25, OR all over age of 21.

First cruise I took was with 3 other ladies, all in our ??'s, in an inside cabin. Plus, we were on a RCI ship and in a cabin that was around 160 sq ft. So don't let the fact that there are 4 of you stop you from going. When we got up in the morning we immediately pushed the top bunks up out of the way and we managed perfectly well. ;)

I've always been in cabins where there were 3-4 people staying in them. It's never been a problem. Like others said, there is only one bathroom, but as long as none of you are major bathroom hogs, it's not a big deal. We are only ever in the cabin to sleep and shower, so for us, we would rather spend our money on excursions, drinks, photos, etc. than on a room we are seldom in.

We did 4 adults in a quad inside room and it was just fine. If you can all keep your personal belongings organized, I don't think it would be an issue at all.

The ships have nice amounts of storage and such in the room, plus suitcases slide right under the beds.

Coordinate your shower times and if needed, shower in the spa. We never had to do this, but it is nice to have a backup option.

We were on the Fascination last year and we had 4 in an ocv, I will never do that again. The bathroom time was the biggest problem. When the two top beds were down it was tight, had to crawl to the end of the bed to get up unless u hit your head.

But we were on a cruise so we made the best of it and stayed out the room as much as possible. We each would go to the room at different times to shower and get ready for dinner.

As you can see by the many posts, it is a personal preference. If you are a person who needs lots of space to be comfortable, then 4 in a cabin may not be right for you. If you are 4 "we can do this" people, you will do fine. And as the saying goes, "you'll never know til you try it"!

Archived