Getting from Costa Maya to Belize/Shark Ray etc.?

La La Lisa

Hey there -

So I'm an adventurer and I've over filled my day in Belize. Costa Maya is very close to Belize, so I'm wondering how much I can do from Costa Maya...

http://www.costamayareef.com/tours.asp

Costa Maya Reef resort seems to offer a shark Ray alley boat trip - but although being called "costa Maya" reef resort, I'm not sure it's accessible from the Costa Maya port.

These locations are so close though, there has to be a water taxi or transportation to get to Belize? no...?

I was even thinking about not getting back on the boat in Costa Maya and reboarding in Belize.

The activities I'm interested in in Belize are:

Cave Tubing

Shark Ray Alley (dive/snorkel) (seems to be northern Belize too, so closer to Costa Maya)

Baboon Sanctuary

Blue Hole (diving)

If anyone has any advice, let me know.

Tho' part of the tour company title is Costa Maya, trust me, it is NOT near the cruise port called Costa Maya. The second tour listed is to Caye Caulker, which is about a 45 minute water taxi ride from Belize City. I spent a week in Caye Caulker a few years ago. Forget about going to Belize from the cruise port of Costa Maya! There is good snorkeling at Costa Maya as the reef is only about 100 yds. out from the beach. There are also Mayan ruins that are not more than about 11/2 hours away.

Hey there -

So I'm an adventurer and I've over filled my day in Belize. Costa Maya is very close to Belize, so I'm wondering how much I can do from Costa Maya...

http://www.costamayareef.com/tours.asp

Costa Maya Reef resort seems to offer a shark Ray alley boat trip - but although being called "costa Maya" reef resort, I'm not sure it's accessible from the Costa Maya port.

These locations are so close though, there has to be a water taxi or transportation to get to Belize? no...?

I was even thinking about not getting back on the boat in Costa Maya and reboarding in Belize.

The activities I'm interested in in Belize are:

Cave Tubing

Shark Ray Alley (dive/snorkel) (seems to be northern Belize too, so closer to Costa Maya)

Baboon Sanctuary

Blue Hole (diving)

If anyone has any advice, let me know.

Go cave tubing while in Belize City.

You might be able to find an excursion or taxi to the Crooked Tree Wild life Sanctuary where the Babboons and howler monkeys are as its only about 25-30 miles west/northwest of Belize City. Have no idea of cost. Better option would be a trip to the Belize Zoo which acts as a wild life sanctuary as well. The Western highway is an easier trip for taxis.

Forget Blue Hole or Shark Ray Alley at either port, Belize or Costa Maya, you'll never get there and back given time in ports.

blue hole I agree w/ you - but shark ray alley there are a bunch of cruise trips that go there....?

What's the best diving/snorkeling for costa maya?

And it's a 7.5 hour excursion on RCCL out of Belize City, not Costa Maya.

BTW, the snorkeling excurtsions in Costa maya that I've been on or know first hand from others, are mostly shore snorkeling. They tend to head north from the crusie ship pier. And it is okay, but Belize is better in terms of fish and wildlife and reef structures. There are dive boats out of Costa Maya which do excellent deep water dives to the south, I believe. I know several Canandian divers who have gone there on land vacations and dived in many sites. Try contacting Blue Ha diving center. Unfortunately I don't have their email or website info.

Archived