Eurodam Balcony Doors

CleoT

Hi! We just booked a Caribbean cruise on the Eurodam Jan. 2nd for my family (husband and two children) and my parents, husband's parents, my sister and nephew. This is our second cruise (first with HAL), the in-laws 3rd (2nd with HAL) and my parents/sister's first cruise ever. We're all super-excited!

So, we are in three quad verandahs right next to each other and my MIL really wants us to be able to have our balconies open through all three cabins. On Princess they simply unlocked and opened a door so that we could move about each other's balconies without having to go out of the room and back in. Our travel agent wasn't sure this would be allowed on HAL. She thinks they have "panels" they can take out but that we'd have to ask. I'm hoping someone here might have had this done before on an HAL cruise. We're in a VB catergory on the upper verandah deck rm 6031, 6033, and 6035. Thanks in advance for any information.

We are so excited to be cruising on HAL. We loved Princeness, but from what my in-laws say, that was nothing compared to HAL.

Hi! We just booked a Caribbean cruise on the Eurodam Jan. 2nd for my family (husband and two children) and my parents, husband's parents, my sister and nephew. This is our second cruise (first with HAL), the in-laws 3rd (2nd with HAL) and my parents/sister's first cruise ever. We're all super-excited!

So, we are in three quad verandahs right next to each other and my MIL really wants us to be able to have our balconies open through all three cabins. On Princess they simply unlocked and opened a door so that we could move about each other's balconies without having to go out of the room and back in. Our travel agent wasn't sure this would be allowed on HAL. She thinks they have "panels" they can take out but that we'd have to ask. I'm hoping someone here might have had this done before on an HAL cruise. We're in a VB catergory on the upper verandah deck rm 6031, 6033, and 6035. Thanks in advance for any information.

We are so excited to be cruising on HAL. We loved Princeness, but from what my in-laws say, that was nothing compared to HAL.

Yes, you can have the Stateroom Steward unlock and LATCH the door between the verandahs/Balconys in the open position.

(Make sure the steward Latches the verandah door in the open position, because if you do not, you will have some furious neighbors if the wind or waves cause the doors to bang around.....)

Here are 2 photos, one with the Verandah door in the locked closed position and 1 in the latched open position:

6088_balc06_English_in_Spain.jpg

6088_openbalconies01-1_English_in_Spain.jpg

My thanks to Krazy Kruisers for posting the other photo and also to English In Spain for sending me the photos.

Even though the 2 photos I have posted here are from the Noordam, they will be the same on the Eurodam.

Joanie

Thank both of you for answering my question. The pictures really helped. The setup with the balcony door is much better than on the Princess ship and I'll make sure to have the steward latch the doors.

Thanks again!

Joanie, I saw your website through these forums the other day and I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading and looking and browsing the pictures. I haven't gotten through all of them, but I will and I can't thank you enough for doing it. :)

Thank both of you for answering my question. The pictures really helped. The setup with the balcony door is much better than on the Princess ship and I'll make sure to have the steward latch the doors.

Thanks again!

Joanie, I saw your website through these forums the other day and I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading and looking and browsing the pictures. I haven't gotten through all of them, but I will and I can't thank you enough for doing it. :)

You are quite welcome!!

Can I ask for a return on the favor..... Take lots of pictures for me to use on the site:D Not just of the stateroom(s) but also of the rest of the ship that you find of interest, and that you would like to see when looking at things while planning your cruise??

Joanie

Archived