on CB tomorrow - need advice re St John port on 9/22

WPcruiser33

I posted this question on the itinerary specific roll call but it is quite inactive and I'm not sure what kind of traffic is on the Ports board so due to the time sensitive nature of this inquiry, thought I would post here as well...

Will be on the CB tomorrow to Canada/NE.

Stopping at St John NB on 9/22 and wanted to go to StMartins to see the sea caves but the tide chart shows low tide at 6:05am atlantic time and probably won't get there within 2 hrs. Does anyone have any experience with this??

Also, if you've done this itinerary, what is a can't miss thing to do at this port/in the vicinity?

Thanks!

Definitely want to see the USS Constitution in Boston. I also believe they have a HoHo bus that can also be useful. Check out this website for more information.

http://gonewengland.about.com/od/bostonattractions/Boston_Attractions_and_Sightseeing.htm

Have A Great Cruise.....:):):)

Bob

You might still be able to catch a lowish tide in St. Martin. Our low tide was at 7am. We rented a car and made it to st martin around 9:45. It was no problem walking to the caves. A tour bus arrived over 1/2 hr later. The tide was coming up a little and people walked through a foot of water, but still doable. Bring some water shoes or sandals that can get wet. The rocks are slippery. After St. Martin we drove the Fundy Trailway which was beautiful. I cam imagine what it would be like if the colors are starting to change. There are many view points with picnic tables. I would suggest to make a picnic lunch and enjoy the vistas. Here are some pictures from our cruise.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53137352@N08/

Archived