Noise in cabins underneath Whirlpool on Liberty of the Seas

basisqueen

We had a GS under the pool deck on Liberty for our first ever cruise and it almost scared us off cruising for life. :eek: It was just so gosh darned loud, especially at night. We have no idea why, but I think it had something to do with deck chairs either sliding around or being dragged around. We now make sure that we're not under a pool deck!

Considering a GS or JS on Radiance...on Deck 10...a lot of which are under the pool area on Deck 11..or under the buffet area...

Any experiences in this regard esp around the amidship elevator area & forward? Any recommendations for best cabins..? Hump ones are gone.

Thanking u in advance for any info...:)

Considering a GS or JS on Radiance...on Deck 10...a lot of which are under the pool area on Deck 11..or under the buffet area...

Any experiences in this regard esp around the amidship elevator area & forward? Any recommendations for best cabins..? Hump ones are gone.

Thanking u in advance for any info...:)

We sailed in cabin 1098 on Brilliance of the Seas (another Radiance class ship) a few years ago. From what I can recall, there was actually no noise from overhead and our balcony was a bit oversized as it extended aft more than is shown on the deck plans. Some may comment on the existence of the window washing equipment (I think) but I honestly don't even recall it being there, so it could not have been a problem for us.

We had a GS under the pool deck on Liberty for our first ever cruise and it almost scared us off cruising for life. :eek: It was just so gosh darned loud, especially at night. We have no idea why, but I think it had something to do with deck chairs either sliding around or being dragged around. We now make sure that we're not under a pool deck!

The deck cleaning crew can be brutal at times during the night....I was in a OS on Indy and it was so bad one night I had to call security at 3am....I went up stairs to meet them and we found the crew THROWING the loungers into place right over our cabin...yes actually picking them up off the stack and tossing them into place....it sounded like bowling balls dropping above us in the cabin

Archived