my time dining question

cruiser944

Never cruised with RCI before, but just reserved LOS for March. We (2 couples) usually like the early seating but they only had my time dining or late seating available, so we chose My Time Dining.

Can you request a specific time ahead of time or just once you get on the ship? Thanks for any help.

Yes, you will be able to select the time you wish to dine. You can do this before you leave through the RCCL website. We're also going on the LOS in Januray and have MTD. Although it's too soon to select times now, it will be available and we plan to use it.

Just got iff Explorer of the Seas and used MTD for the first time. In two words, LOVED IT. You can, but don't have to, reserve a time. You can reserve it for the cruise or day to day. You can simply walk up and wait, or not. If you do reserve you can even pick the wait staff and stick with them.

Just got iff Explorer of the Seas and used MTD for the first time. In two words, LOVED IT. You can, but don't have to, reserve a time. You can reserve it for the cruise or day to day. You can simply walk up and wait, or not. If you do reserve you can even pick the wait staff and stick with them.

We've only done flexible dining on Carnival where you could just walk up each nite and get a table. I saw the time reservation page on my booking on the Enchantment and was wondering if I had to reserve a time for each nite. So, I guess we can just walk up (4 of us) and get a table in a reasonable amount of time?

Also, how do you get the same wait staff each nite? Is that on the reservation website as well?

Thanks

Dorothy

We've only done flexible dining on Carnival where you could just walk up each nite and get a table. I saw the time reservation page on my booking on the Enchantment and was wondering if I had to reserve a time for each nite. So, I guess we can just walk up (4 of us) and get a table in a reasonable amount of time?

Also, how do you get the same wait staff each nite? Is that on the reservation website as well?

Thanks

Dorothy

Dorothy,

If you reserve you have a much better chance of getting the same staff, don't forget to request them but, walking up can work too. You may have to wait a bit longer though.

Thanks

Dorothy

If you show up at the same time as the majority of diners, you may have to wait. One night, we were told the wait was 30 to 45 minutes. We went to the windjammer.

We made our reservations online. We selected 6 for first and last night, 6:30 for all other nights. We did have the same table every night but one. We had the same servers every night. We loved it. We found service to be faster, fine for us. Our servers did share the later one would dine, the longer the wait.

Archived