3 Reasons to sail Regent to Alaska?

jusjoan

we sailed regent august 2009- we did the land tour first- really enjoyed the land tour. our guide and bus driver were super-

the tours arranged by the cruise ship were awesome- small groups and lots of attention- really enjoyed every tour we took

the food on the ship was not good- one night i ordered a ceaser salad- came with no dressing or cheese- just lettuce and croutons- the scambled eggs were always runny and cold.

we like that the cruise was all inclusive- tips, tours, airfare, wine etc

had an horzon suite - it was wonderful sitting on the balcony when we went into hubbard glacier

thank you so much for your review. I think I am leaning toward an all-inclusive cruise. I have read that the food is good on this ship. Not sure that a lame caesar salad and runny eggs will be enough to make me choose another cruise. But, I appreciate your thoughts!

Jusjoan

If you compare the cost of a suite on Celebrity and then add tips, beverages, shore excursions, speciality resturants and air then the extra cost for Regent is not very much. Regent has the highest cost per passenger for food of all the cruise lines. Regent has a much better staff/guest ratio resluting in better, more personilized service. I have not done Regent in Alaska but would imagine with a smaller ship they are able to get closer to the scenary.

I would suggest you read the threads for both these lines and some reviews as well.

I'm in the process of planning and torn between two other lines for a larger group with likely many different preferences. I think you are better off asking people who have sailed both to compare what they liked and didn't. Even there you'll find many different opinions. Asking for 3 of anything without comparisons will NOT help you I think.

I am trying to get some insight on Regent vs Celebrity to Alaska. Please list your 3 reasons why I should sail Regent.

Just a quick poll.

If you have money to burn...

This is our first trip away from our kids in 15 years. I really don't feel that we are burning our money. I am looking for the most value for our money and when I compare Regent to our other option, Celebrity, Regent seems to come out on top.

This is our first trip away from our kids in 15 years. I really don't feel that we are burning our money. I am looking for the most value for our money and when I compare Regent to our other option, Celebrity, Regent seems to come out on top.

If you are taking a trip away from your kids, I strongly suggest doing Alaska in late May or late August as there are many children on board during the summer months. We typically sail in May -- great weather!

In terms of food, if anything is not cooked to your liking, the server will return it and make sure that your order prepared correctly. Luxury cruise lines take this very seriously.

After 15 years you certainly deserve to be pampered and Regent is the cruise line that can do it. If you decide on Regent, come by the Regent board -- there are lots of experienced cruisers that will be happy to answer your questions. Have a wonderful trip.

If you are taking a trip away from your kids, I strongly suggest doing Alaska in late May or late August as there are many children on board during the summer months. We typically sail in May -- great weather!

In terms of food, if anything is not cooked to your liking, the server will return it and make sure that your order prepared correctly. Luxury cruise lines take this very seriously.

After 15 years you certainly deserve to be pampered and Regent is the cruise line that can do it. If you decide on Regent, come by the Regent board -- there are lots of experienced cruisers that will be happy to answer your questions. Have a wonderful trip.

Thank you very much. I'm leaning toward an August trip. Didn't know there was a Regent board. I will check it out.

Archived