Rain & Bad Weather: How do you handle this in port?

Sailfish

We played in it. Last june we took 10 family members on the ccl sensation to the bahamas. the afternoon we spent in nassau it poured for about an hour. The streets were flooded. The water was above the curbs in the streets and traffic was stopped. People stayed in the shops but not us. my 13 year old son & I had to go back to the straw market for a hat he wanted. We splashed and played in the water all the way down the street from the peir to the straw market and back. people looked at us like we were crazy but we had fun. he told me those people hiding in the shops trying not to get wet must not be from the midwest and must not know how to have fun. It was only a little water. I would have to say us playing in the rain that day was the highlight of my cruise. It was a moment I will never forget. if it rains make the most of it and enjoy your trip.

It depends. If it is a port we have visited often we may stay on the ship and do all of the things that we wouldn't normally do (art gallery, shops, catch a movie, shuffleboard, library, etc.)

Fortunately, this hasn't happened to us but it's good to have a contingency plan:D

We had a rainy week in the Eastern Med earlier this year, it was the 1st time in 5 cruises we saw rain. We made the most of it and continued with our excursions in the ports. My only disappointment was Dubrovnik as I had seen some glorious photos of terracotta roofs, clear skies and beautiful blue seas, the reality for us on the day was it was all a little gray, maybe I will get to go back some day

Archived