MCO to Pt. C Transportation Recommendations

Indy500Cruiser

Sailing on the Carnival Dream 10/23 to 10/30 out of Port Canaveral, flying into and out of MCO. Three adults and one 17 month old. Our return flight is early (won't say how early for fear of ridicule!). We need a round trip transfer that can accommodate our schedule, fit us all in one vehicle and provide a carseat. Any recommendations based on past great service?

Check with Cocoa beach shuttle (cbshuttle dot com). They provide reliable service (have used them twice). If you mention you heard about them on cruise critic they give a discount (at least they used to).

Good luck with the return flight....security lines at MCO can be LONG......

Sailing on the Carnival Dream 10/23 to 10/30 out of Port Canaveral, flying into and out of MCO. Three adults and one 17 month old. Our return flight is early (won't say how early for fear of ridicule!). We need a round trip transfer that can accommodate our schedule, fit us all in one vehicle and provide a carseat. Any recommendations based on past great service?

If you will go to "I work in Port Canaveral" thread and go to post 295 - you will find all the information you need on there including different types of transportation.

They all have email addresses that you can drop them a note and ask all the questions you may have - also there is viplimo@screenstar.com and also Laura's Shuttle email laura@laurashuttle.com

Good luck in whichever choices you make

Check with Cocoa beach shuttle (cbshuttle dot com). They provide reliable service (have used them twice). If you mention you heard about them on cruise critic they give a discount (at least they used to)....

Yes, they still give a 10% discount if you mention Cruise Critic. I just made a reservation this past week and got the discount.

Bob

If you are really tight on time for the return trip, I'd choose a private car service over a rental car or shared shuttle. We had an 11:45am flight a few weeks ago. Disembarkation was smooth, out in front of terminal with bags about 8:45am. Unfortunately the shuttle had just left, so we had to wait 45 min for the next one. Got to the airport about 10:15am, gate about 10:45am, so we still had an hour to go. However, the security line was not bad at all. Most of our wait time at the airport was checking bags. If the security line had been bad (which I've seen a few times), then we might have missed the flight.

Once again why is Snelsonbrown recomending certain companies for transportation? I would understand if snelsonbrown were a cruiser, But my understanding is that she lives near and has a business near Port Canaveral. Has she used these companies? Whats the conection here?

Once again why is Snelsonbrown recomending certain companies for transportation? I would understand if snelsonbrown were a cruiser, But my understanding is that she lives near and has a business near Port Canaveral. Has she used these companies? Whats the conection here?

I have lived here for over 47 years and I do NOT recommend anyone in particular except those that I know have a good reputation for not leaving their guest without even one contact as to what happened to their ride - if you have been here for sometime, do you remember when a well known transportation company here was seized and none of the cruisers knew what had happened to their rides - many didn't make it to the airport in time and had to stay over at THEIR expense - I was in Key West at the time and many had my cell phone number and I felt so helpless - I was able to call a number of rental car places to get some help and then some shuttle service so that is why I put more than just a few that do have a good reputation and if you have a problem, you know how to contact me and we can address the issue - AGAIN there isn't anything in this for me except I happen to care about our visitors

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just used http://www.beachlinetransportation.net/

They picked us up at the airport to go to a resort in Orlando. I than arranged for them to pick us up at port to go back at the airport on our return. They confirmed prices by email. They called a day out to confirm. They called the day of to confirm again and where to meet them. I would recommend them.

• 3 months later...

Archived