Does O miss more ports than other lines?

CruseKrazy

No doubt, missing so many ports on a cruise is terribly disappointing. Even more so for someone who flew so far -- as did the Australian lady.

But a cruise is always a risk.

I guess we have been very lucky in missing only one port in all our cruises. True, it was a port I REALLY wanted to visit! But we understood.

Would I have been so patient if we'd missed most of the ports? I'm not at all sure! I think so, but ... When you book a T/A you know you will have lots of sea days. When you book a port-intensive cruise that isn't the case at all.

But we really do need to remember to make lemonade out of the lemons ... It's not always easy, I understand that.

Perhaps another way to phrase the question is which ports get missed more frequently due to weather and does the size of the ship or a need to tendor have an affect?

I agree with others that I want to be safe first and would rather miss a port than risk an accident. And sometimes a change in itinerary brings added value and fun.

After a thorough internet search I cannot find any stats on this subject. Perhaps an industry wag would care to comment....I probably have too much time on my hands..

Dave

Only speaking from being an addict of all the Med ports of call boards for two years (an addiction I broke a few months back), I would say that Delos/Mykonos definitely is the port most missed in the Eastern Med, due primarily to the meltemi winds that start up in late July. Perhaps Amalfi is the port most missed in the Western Med, although there seem to be many more candidates from the west coast of Italy and the south of France.

Archived