Tell me about the "Serenity" area

MaiTaiMary

I've never been on a ship with the Serenity "adults only" area.

The pictures make it look like such a wonderful, tranquil area! :) Is it truely as nice as it looks in the pictures? Or is it jam packed with people and loud at times??

On sea days I just like lay out in the sun with my book and find a nice, QUITE spot. :cool:

What have your experiences been with the Serenity area?

Thanks.

If you're looking for a little down & quiet time on the ship, this is the place! We had it on the Inspiration and loved it. It was one of our favorite spots. DH and I went to just chill out for a little while there...well, we ended up falling asleep and didn't wake up for 2 hrs.

I'm not sure if they are as strict on all ships, but on ours, we had 4 teenagers come get into the hot tub and a crew member came by and made them leave. They weren't bothering anyone, but it is clearly stated that it's an "adults only" area.

You will see lots of people reading or just laying there catching a few Z's. The chairs have big thick cushions on them, which I believe contributed to us falling asleep. On our ship, it was at the very back, so all you heard was the ocean....

Enjoy!!

It is very nice, but can be hard to get a lounger. The hot tubs are usually not crowded. On my last cruise there was a little boy in there, maybe 3 or 4 years old. It bothered me, but since he wasn't loud I didn't say anything. I wish they would have asked them to leave. Once one is allowed in, more will come.

On the Glory, there were many children for the first few days, but they were eventually cleared out. Also, the area is in the front of the ship and it seems that the covered loungers simply weren't up to the wind as at least half were broken. In the end, we did have the chance to spend the day reading and napping in one of the round loungers for two and it was heaven (if extremely windy).

They're totally cool areas. Locations vary on the class of ship. On the Dream it was amazing wrapping around the front on both port and starboard sides. Great clam shells for two- hammocks- hottubs- lots of sectional seating- some shaded- some not. Most people were asleep to be honest everytime we went up there. Also on the Dream had their own little bar area that served lunch too- so you didn't need want for a thing up there. Never saw kids there the whole week- which is surprising as its very close to the waterworks.

On Dream......unless you go there while in port.....suggest you get there very EARLY.

All other times......hogs galore.......all day long, all sections. What a disappointment when seeking "serenity".

Late sleep-ins like us ? Fau-GED- aboud-it.

Do they have a nearby bar? I am really looking forward to being there with a drink and book or magazine or just stare at the water.

I can't speak for others, but on the Fantasy class, you can go up a flight of stairs, in the back door of the Lido and there's a bar right inside. Easy peasy :cool:

Archived