RC visa rewards question

G&TQ

We have been told so many different things that it would be hard to give you an official answer. However, we just cashed 50,000 out in August from the time we called till we received the certificates was 3 weeks. We were told it could take up to 14 weeks.

We just received our certificates and sent them in for our cruise in January.We were told they have to be in by 45 days before the cruise.You have to send them to RCCL.but if you receive them within 45 days of the cruise you can call in the numbers,but I would ask when I call for the certificates.

BOA? are those the folks you call for the certificates? I just have a phone numbers.

I call them request the certificates and get the numbers then call RCI with give the number. When I receive them I fill them out and forward to RCI for confirmation. Correct?

Thanks everyone!

Once my statement showed my cruise final payment (so I could cash in my double points) I called to redeem them. I believe it was somewhere around 6-7 weeks before we sailed. I mailed them back in (requesting OBC) 3.5 weeks before we sailed.

BOA? are those the folks you call for the certificates? I just have a phone numbers.

I call them request the certificates and get the numbers then call RCI with give the number. When I receive them I fill them out and forward to RCI for confirmation. Correct?

Thanks everyone!

Call the appropriate dept at BOA, tell them how many points you want to cash out. They will give you a number. Call the C&A Dept at RCI and give them that number and tell them how to apply them. Once you receive the coupons, you will mail them to C&A at RCI. (we made copies and sent them UPS, so we had some proof of delivery, because I am paranoid :eek:)

Turn around time for us was about 2-3 weeks from the time we called BOA to getting them applied for our cruise. We did send by certified mail to speed things up a bit.

We just made final payment on our free 4 day cruise (fees and taxes). We upgraded to a balcony for $100 total. They split the cost of the balcony beween the 2 of us so we still get a cruise credit. So yes you can upgrade.

We decided to take a cruise next month and I called BOA and he said that I would get the certifictes in 2 to 4 weeks but if I needed the points sooner he gave me a certificate number and I just call RCCL and give them that number.

On a side note, I had to call BOA several times because the first couple calls BOA kept transferring my to RCCL and they kept telling me I had the wrong number. I had to keep calling till I got a represetative (Dan) who knew what to do. Very frustrating.

Have over 100,000 points saving to get 2 free cruises think that will be the best deal was told that book OV and can upgrade to balcony for cost difference.

Anyone ever do this

That is exactly what we did a few years ago. I think it cost us around $400 to upgrade to a balcony. We are planning to do another free one in 2012 but will do a b2b instead.

So, I'm thinking about getting a RCCL Visa card to get credits for future cruises etc... So, those of you who already have one, is it easy to redeem points for a free cruise - can you do it on line or do you have to call the credit card company and do it that way? It sounds like getting the OBC is pretty straight forward, my main question is getting the free cruise.

Thanks for your help!

I am going to give up the BOA card and go with the new Saphire credit card which I can use on hotels, airplanes,etc. I was so suprised that when I called customer service on this card I did not have to go through an answering service I actually got a real live person. A nice benefit for this card because I HATE those automated machines.

We redeemed our points as we accumulated them. We got a 25,000 certificate and then a 15,000 and finally had enough right before our cruise for another 5,000. It was only about 2 weeks before the cruise. If you are persistant with the BoA people they will give you the certificate number over the phone and then you can call Royal Caribbean immediately to start the process. The certificates come in the mail in about a week - make copies of all your certificates before you send them to RCI and take them with you on the cruise - they helped us get that last OBC while we were on the ship.

We've gotten lots of OBC - never tried for the free cruises or updates. Just starting to use the card again for our Oasis trip next September!

Kathy

Archived