Carnival Splendor - Mexican Riviera cruise

toowoombatourist

Just wondering if anyone has cruised on the Carnival Splendor? We have just booked a 7 day cruise leaving Long Beach on 13/2/11 travelling to 3 ports in Mexico:D. How will this ship compare with P&O and Princess in Australia do you think? Any advice on tours, must do's on board and in Mexico (and of course don't do's too!!) would be appreciated.

We did a Med cruise on the Freedom, a sister ship to the Splendour and we had a great time. We have sailed 3 times with Carnival and love their ships. Sorry I can't compare them to P & O cruises as we haven't done any.

Sailing with Carnival is very different to Princess in that it is much more lively on board. They seem to organize more fun filled activities and the age on board was a much younger crowd than Princess. The decor is very bold and very American in taste and design. We enjoyed the food and loved the Deli for lunch where they make fresh sandwiches and bagels. They also have a computer system that you can access on your TV to monitor your on board account and book tours which is a great idea.

Sorry can't give you any tips on the tours as we haven't been on that cruise, but check out the postings on CC for that area and you can also book your tours online before you go.

I have seen the fantastic deals for that cruise and I am sure that you will have the best time. :D Let us know how you enjoyed it.

We did a Med cruise on the Freedom, a sister ship to the Splendour and we had a great time. We have sailed 3 times with Carnival and love their ships. Sorry I can't compare them to P & O cruises as we haven't done any.

Sailing with Carnival is very different to Princess in that it is much more lively on board. They seem to organize more fun filled activities and the age on board was a much younger crowd than Princess. The decor is very bold and very American in taste and design. We enjoyed the food and loved the Deli for lunch where they make fresh sandwiches and bagels. They also have a computer system that you can access on your TV to monitor your on board account and book tours which is a great idea.

Sorry can't give you any tips on the tours as we haven't been on that cruise, but check out the postings on CC for that area and you can also book your tours online before you go.

I have seen the fantastic deals for that cruise and I am sure that you will have the best time. :D Let us know how you enjoyed it.

Sorry to drop in, Lizzy computer ate your address (changed hard drive) can you email me please.

Sue

Hi Lizzy,

Those deals look great . All we need now are cheap airfares to get over there:D

toowoombatourist

Hi,

If you go the Carnival Roll Call section you will find a Roll Call for this cruise.

Archived