Antarctic Drive By

cityt

Has anyone done the Antarctic Drive By? There are eight sea/cruising days, could be more if the weather is bad. I am wondering if the evening attire will be more dressy because of all the time on the ship or less because of the itinerary? Thoughts?

I was on the same cruise you are going on last year... We had some bad weather and bad storms , causing us to be at sea for many days in a row ...

I´d say if anything the cruise was less formal than usual. There was an amazing international mix , not really your typical "cruising crowd". Peolpe were on this cruise to see Antarctica.

Bring lots of layers , hats and gloves! Lots of temp variations...

It was an amazing experience. You will love it.

Kim

Has anyone done the Antarctic Drive By? There are eight sea/cruising days, could be more if the weather is bad. I am wondering if the evening attire will be more dressy because of all the time on the ship or less because of the itinerary? Thoughts?

Depends on the cruise line. If it's HAL or Celebrity it could be dressy. On our Antarctic cruise, we had snow, and the crew had a blast on deck. The passengers dressed very nicely wearing things they probably wouldn't wear for a Caribbean cruise because it's so warm. Lots of velvet and satin.

I was also on the Celebrity Antarctica cruise with Kim, and I have to agree that the formal nights seemed much less formal than other Celebrity cruises I have been on. Most women wore fancy tops and black pants. I took 2 tops with some "bling" along the neckline, black slacks and cute black flats. The husband wore a jacket, tie and khaki pants. I think since most everyone had to pack for the weather extremes that they did not concentrate on formal wear.

Have fun - it was an incredible experience!

Archived