Can you "turn over" your reservation to a TA?

I Love NC

New to Carnival! IF I book with Carnival DIRECTLY for a cruise in 2011, can I later turn that booking over to a TA who offers perks such as Shipboard Credit or even a lower price?

Thank you in advance!

Yes you can but you won't get a lower price since Carnival put the kabosh on that.

IF I book with Carnival DIRECTLY for a cruise in 2011, can I later turn that booking over to a TA who offers perks such as Shipboard Credit or even a lower price?

If you are going to book with a TA, why even book with Carnival in the first place? Wouldn't it be a lot less trouble to book with the TA?

Unless you are saying that you want to take advantage of some future deal that a TA may offer, but lock in your choice of cabin now, or lock in a price to hedge against an increase? I don't think that is how it should work. If you want to wait for a deal, just wait for a deal and don't book now.

Unless it is an ES booking, can't you also just cancel and re-book? Of course you can't get any deals marked "new bookings only" but you would not qualify anyway of you transferred an existing booking to a TA.

I do this to help my local economy. I planned the cruise I wanted online. Used the sage advice found here on CC to delect the best cabin for me, the shore excursions, dining options etc. Then booked my flights . After I had everything just the way I wanted it, I turned the whole thing over to a local, family owned travel agency and bought my travel insurance through them.

No, I didn't get a deal. But our area was hit hard by the economy and I wanted to support local business. I just didn't want to give up control of my cruise. :o

I do this to help my local economy. I planned the cruise I wanted online. Used the sage advice found here on CC to delect the best cabin for me, the shore excursions, dining options etc. Then booked my flights . After I had everything just the way I wanted it, I turned the whole thing over to a local, family owned travel agency and bought my travel insurance through them.

No, I didn't get a deal. But our area was hit hard by the economy and I wanted to support local business. I just didn't want to give up control of my cruise. :o

Nothing wrong with helping out local business! I tend to agree with Salty - why not just do all your research as always and then let the local TA do (and retain) the booking - I don't see that booking with Carnival buys you anything? ken

I just didn't want to give up control of my cruise.
But you effectively have done exactly that. Any changes to the booking, which includes price drop requests, etc, must now go through the TA.

I booked while on the Splendor so I could get the OBC and Friends and Family certs. I told them at that time I would be transferring the reservation to a travel agent, and they had no problem with that. However, when my cousin (the travel agent!) called to have it transferred, it was a hassle. They kept asking for information we were never given. Got it worked out in the end, but it is kind of frustrating that only the TA can submit the credit requests for Early Savers.

Archived