Phoenix Rising schedule & Bert Stratton

bjcanady

Just got home from a great week on the Emerald........

for those that wanted Phoenix Rising's schedule..........

they are on the Emerald until Feb. 26 and join the Sapphire on

March 26.

Bert left the Emerald this morning.......

Thanks so much for the info. I loved them when I saw them on the Crown last November. Problem was, I didn't discover them until the last night. The friend I was traveling with stayed in the cabin and I wandered into the Wheelhouse and loved listening to them.

I guess I might have to fit in a quick Sapphire trip next spring - especially since the port is just 45 minutes from me.

Thanks so much for the info. I loved them when I saw them on the Crown last November. Problem was, I didn't discover them until the last night. The friend I was traveling with stayed in the cabin and I wandered into the Wheelhouse and loved listening to them.

I guess I might have to fit in a quick Sapphire trip next spring - especially since the port is just 45 minutes from me.

You are very welcome..........i didn't realize that it was the start of their 14 day LA to Hawaii run until i got home and looked at the Sapphire schedule. I was assuming that it was the MR run.

Someone posted that Bert Stratton was leaving the Emerald...does anyone know if he will still remain with Princess and with what ship ?

I got an email from him the other day as I was asking him what he's doing in the future...he basically said he's *on call*.....he'll be filling in wherever if asked

Or, was he the CD?

He is a piano player and singer - at one point in the show he'll ask audience members to tell who their favorite singer is, and he'll do that for a long time, then he'll play a little something from each of those singers - pretty fantastic memory - or someone on the staff programs it into a computer he can see on the piano - either way it was interesting. He gets a little too silly for us (think Jim Carrey) but lots of folks enjoy him

You are very welcome..........i didn't realize that it was the start of their 14 day LA to Hawaii run until i got home and looked at the Sapphire schedule. I was assuming that it was the MR run.

The Sapphire is actually alternating some Hawaii runs with the Mexican Riviera. My friend and I just booked for April 30th and it is the Mexican Riviera run. The 30th sailing has actually gone down a bit in price since i checked it a couple of weeks ago so with that and Phoenix Rising coming on board I didn't need my arm twisted!:D:):):D

The Sapphire is actually alternating some Hawaii runs with the Mexican Riviera. My friend and I just booked for April 30th and it is the Mexican Riviera run. The 30th sailing has actually gone down a bit in price since i checked it a couple of weeks ago so with that and Phoenix Rising coming on board I didn't need my arm twisted!:D:):):D

Good for u...i just looked at the 2011 schedule yesterday and saw that the ship was doing alternating routes..........enjoy!!

• 7 months later...

Hello, I know this is "after the fact", but I thought I would ask anyway.

We seen Phoenix Rising last month on the Sapphire, and really enjoyed them.

bjcanady, I noticed on 9/19/10 you mentioned about their schedule. I am curious:), how did you go about finding out their schedule? I'm thinking;) about next year.

bjcanady, I noticed on 9/19/10 you mentioned about their schedule. I am curious:), how did you go about finding out their schedule? I'm thinking;) about next year.

I knew their schedule because we had just sailed with them when i posted their schedule back in sept........we are friends with the guys but have not been in contact with them for some time............you can call Princess entertainment dept . and find out schedules.

Hey Beshears--good to hear from you,

Phoenix Rising will be on the Sapphire till August when their current contract ends--Jerry will be coming back to Las Vegas then. Not sure how long the break is or which ship they'll go to after that.

Donna

Hi Donna, good to hear from you too. Actually I was just showing my friend the pictures we had taken on the cruise. I had "pointed out" some of the people that I knew "personally," and YOU were one of them.:)

OK, so you say that they will be on the ship until August, and then Jerry or all of them go to Vegas? Do they perform someone there in Vegas, or do they live there until they get back on a ship?

Brenda

• 3 months later...

I think Bert plays into the crowd...the rowdier the crowd the crazier he gets. I feel like he is a great performer and he sure works hard - he plays often past the time he is due to stop. He feeds off those people who "love" him and gets really worked up when the crowd is rowdy.

Good news - sailing on the Emerald in 17 days & really enjoy Phoenix Rising, Bert is ok but a little goes a long way for me.:rolleyes:

Sorry to say they may not be on your cruise because this post was initiated in 2010 not this year. It actually came in handy for me at the beginning of 2011 because I then knew they would be on my Sapphire cruise in 2011. I had sailed with them back in 2009 on the Crown and didn't discover them until the last night of the cruise. I really liked them. However, in April of this year we went to see them. Still loved them the first night but then found they played the same songs over and over and over and over again on subsequent nights so we stopped going.

Archived