Navigator aft cabins 9390 and 9690

Suburbanette

Hi all,

I've got a few questions about the balconies for cabins 9390 and 9690 (aft corners):

Is the entire balcony open to the elements or is there any overhanging portion at all, to offer a bit of shade?

And I'm wondering how private the balcony is?

Is the balcony in full view of the Deck 10 folks right above you?

Also, how about the Windjammer windows which jut out somewhat and overlook the aft of the ship; are the Deck 9 balconies in full view from there?

I've checked out a few photos of these cabins and their balconies but couldn't quite get a feel for these particular issues.

Thanks much! :)

Hi all,

I've got a few questions about the balconies for cabins 9390 and 9690 (aft corners):

Is the entire balcony open to the elements or is there any overhanging portion at all, to offer a bit of shade?

Also, how about the Windjammer windows which jut out somewhat and overlook the aft of the ship; are the Deck 9 balconies in full view from there?

I've checked out a few photos of these cabins and their balconies but couldn't quite get a feel for these particular issues.

I can answer some of your questions. I attached a photo below taken from the Windjammer looking down on my cabin, which was 1688 (deck 10 aft corner right above the cabin in question). As you can see, the only visible part from above is the last couple of feet by the railing. And the deck 9 aft/corner balcony is not visible at all.

Also, when I stood on the balcony of 1688 and looked down on 9690 I could only see about the same amount of that balcony as the Windjammer could see of mine, maybe even less. I honestly don't think I ever thought to look down the entire week though, other than when I first stepped foot on the balcony and was just taking it all in.

I don't think privacy will be an issue on the deck 9 aft/corner balcony. Especially with only one neighbor to the side. I also believe that it is a predominantly sunny balcony with occasional shade.

Hope this helps ;)

1042736752036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/%3Ca%20href=http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1042736752036355651KwnYKm%20target=_blank%3E1042736752036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

I can answer some of your questions. I attached a photo below taken from the Windjammer looking down on my cabin, which was 1688 (deck 10 aft corner right above the cabin in question). As you can see, the only visible part from above is the last couple of feet by the railing. And the deck 9 aft/corner balcony is not visible at all.

Also, when I stood on the balcony of 1688 and looked down on 9690 I could only see about the same amount of that balcony as the Windjammer could see of mine, maybe even less. I honestly don't think I ever thought to look down the entire week though, other than when I first stepped foot on the balcony and was just taking it all in.

I don't think privacy will be an issue on the deck 9 aft/corner balcony. Especially with only one neighbor to the side. I also believe that it is a predominantly sunny balcony with occasional shade.

Hope this helps ;)

1042736752036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/%3Ca%20href=http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1042736752036355651KwnYKm%20target=_blank%3E1042736752036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

Wow, that's EXTREMELY helpful! Thanks so much! The photo really surprised me because, from that vantage point in the Windjammer, I expected to see more of the balconies and some of the super-structure framework that covers the aft portion of the Navigator. A photo speaks a thousand words! Thanks again. :)

We have stayed in both and have not had any privacy issues. In case you are not aware they do not have a sliding door, it is a regular door. They have a big round window that can be used for storage or as a seat.

Thanks so much for the info! I'm glad to hear that privacy wasn't a problem.

And re: the door/window configuration, yep, I had noticed that while researching cabins and we decided that it looked kinda nifty! But, thanks for the heads-up. :) Speaking of heads ;), I'm also aware that there is a large beam on the balcony, so we know that we're going to need to keep our heads down rather than up all the time! ;):p

I just thought of a couple more question regarding these Navigator cabins. (We've never had an aft cabin before and it's created some interesting things to consider! :D)

Hubby and I like to leave the balcony door open at night. From those aft cabins, do you hear the wake and waves or just engine noise?

Also, on this ship, does the A/C shut off when the door is opened?

Thanks again!

Hi, I have a site that I think will answer your questions. I am booked on the navigator (cabin 9392) in november. This site has all kinds of pictures of the aft balconies and cabins. Move your cursor over the cabin in question and click. The site is http://www.voyager-class.com/virtualtour/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html

Hope this helps:)

I had the corner aft on deck 8 on the Liberty of the Seas which is comparable to Navigator.

You will be able to hear the wake at night and feel the breeze coming in your room. Beware, when you open the door to the balcony it creates a vacuum in your room which can cause your cabin door to slam shut if its open. Hold on tight!!

This is a picture of corner 8 looking up at corner 9.

IMG_0472.jpg.3f9a9e22a314240b79609b0cdf662ce1.jpg

Hi, I have a site that I think will answer your questions. I am booked on the navigator (cabin 9392) in november. This site has all kinds of pictures of the aft balconies and cabins. Move your cursor over the cabin in question and click. The site is http://www.voyager-class.com/virtualtour/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html

Hope this helps:)

It sure does help! It's terrific! Thanks oodles. :)

I had the corner aft on deck 8 on the Liberty of the Seas which is comparable to Navigator.

You will be able to hear the wake at night and feel the breeze coming in your room. Beware, when you open the door to the balcony it creates a vacuum in your room which can cause your cabin door to slam shut if its open. Hold on tight!!

This is a picture of corner 8 looking up at corner 9.

Thanks for the info and I appreciate the tip about the vacuum effect! I'll keep that in mind. Thanks much! :)

Hi all,

I have had 9390 and 9690 numerous times. There is overhang that will keep you out of the elements if it is raining, and out of the sun if the sun is not shining directly at the stern. Noone can see you from above unless you are standing at or quite near the rail.

We have never been bothered at all by the lack of sliding door, either, there is plenty of light and we've stored things in the window area. And on the balcony there is plenty of room for two chairs and two loungers, along with a table. :D

I have had 9390 and 9690 numerous times. There is overhang that will keep you out of the elements if it is raining, and out of the sun if the sun is not shining directly at the stern. Noone can see you from above unless you are standing at or quite near the rail.

We have never been bothered at all by the lack of sliding door, either, there is plenty of light and we've stored things in the window area. And on the balcony there is plenty of room for two chairs and two loungers, along with a table. :D

Thanks so much for that info! Very helpful! :)

• 5 weeks later...

We have 9390 booked for our upcoming cruise. Out brother-in-law & wife are next door in 9392. Anyone know if the balcony dividers can be set aside?

On another note, when I was booking the person at RCCL said that usually the 9300 cabins are closer to the port for my itinerary. She recommended that side instead of the other. Both sides were open.

From my experience there is no sure bet which direction the ship will be facing in port.

Yea, that's what I have always heard too. She was just saying she had heard from ones who did the cruise recently. But since it does not really matter to us and we're on the aft anyway, I just went with the side she suggested.

Also, had a feeling the aft balconies do not open but we can just yell around. Besides, NOT opening may have advantages.

I think that the corner afts are the most private balconies of deck 9 and lower. We had 1690 in Jan, and I took a few pics of our view down onto the deck 9 balconies, because I knew this was something I really would have liked to seen when planning our cruise.

This is the only pic I have that kind of shows what you can see of the deck 9 corner aft from deck 10 (and that is not much at all). You can only see the railing down in the lower left corner:

AftBalcony-Page003.jpg

And just because I have them, here are pics of the other deck 9 aft balconies, viewed from deck 10, for comparison:

AftBalcony-Page002.jpg

AftBalcony-Page001.jpg

And finally, here is the view that really matters:

P1000679.jpg

P1000684.jpg

I think that the corner afts are the most private balconies of deck 9 and lower. We had 1690 in Jan, and I took a few pics of our view down onto the deck 9 balconies, because I knew this was something I really would have liked to seen when planning our cruise.

This is the only pic I have that kind of shows what you can see of the deck 9 corner aft from deck 10 (and that is not much at all). You can only see the railing down in the lower left corner:

AftBalcony-Page003.jpg

And just because I have them, here are pics of the other deck 9 aft balconies, viewed from deck 10, for comparison:

AftBalcony-Page002.jpg

AftBalcony-Page001.jpg

And finally, here is the view that really matters:

P1000679.jpg

P1000684.jpg

Ohh, thank you! I will send these to my sister-in-law. They have 9392, we're in 9390.

Archived