Infant Cruiser

Yazoo cruiser

Most ships have dorm fridges....I don't know if Triumph does...the folks on the Carnival board can tell you.

If they don't, you can request one for your room.

Make sure you bring EVERYTHING you'll need for baby for the week...there's no guarantee that anything will be available onboard. And, you don't want to spend your port days trying to find a store and the items you need!

It's too late for this one, I guess, but breastfeeding would be the easiest way! No bottles, no refridgeration...it's all there...no mess, no fuss! Food on demand!

We sail Carnival alot. The balcony cabins and higher have mini fridges in them. Ask the room steward to remove everything and you can put the foods, formula in there. We have kept formula, baby food, mil etc. Despite what everyone has said, it does keep them cold believe it or not. The inside and ocean view cabins do not have mini fridges. Just bring a collapsible cooler or rolling cooler and ask your room steward to keep it filled with ice. This has also worked great and the steward will replace the ice multiple times throughout the day to ensure it stays cold. We bring the gerber plastic baby food and powdered formula so its ready to mix. We then refridgerate leftovers if needed. Once DD and DS were old enough for milk, we would take some from the morning lido buffet and keep it in the mini fridge or iced cooler for the day/night.

We managed well without a fridge.

For that week, we just made formula in the bottles on a per-feeding basis. Making it fresh eliminated the need to bring extra containers and eliminated the need to rewarm the formula.

Baby food... we use the vaccuum sealed containers and with twins we never have leftovers, so we've never had to keep baby food cool even at home.

If you do find that you need one, you can probably get one as people have indicated.

Enjoy the cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

If you find that your frig is not that cold and would feel better about having your milk, formula, food, whatever at a colder temp....ask your room steward for a medical frig...not sure if a TA can do this for you or not...but I know they room attendant can if one is available. This happened to us on RCCL Voyager.

Each fridge in each cabin is different.I would not rely on those. My dil could not keep anything cool in hers, while things left in the door of mine actually got cold! We brought along our on cooler (make sure if you roll it on, its the right dimensions) and the room steward keep ice in it at all times for us. We cruised last week on the Conquest with our 10 month old. She usually takes the powdered formula, but we had started giving her 2% milk on her doctors instructions, and when the recall came days before we left, we bought a couple of ready made formula just incase finding 2% was a problem. It wasnt, and she loved it, so the two we bought is going back to the store! Hope you have a great cruise!

Archived