Late flight on arrival day into FLL..

Murphy26

The post above is correct. There will be no one to check you in after 4pm. No check in, no boarding. The manifest will already have been submitted to Homeland Security and no changes can be made. You can blame Homeland Security but that's the way it is.

So, is it 60 minutes as Princess states or 90 minutes as you state??? And I agree it takes time but according to Princess if you get there before they shut down the check in you are OK.

I still wouldn't do it.

Thanks for everyone's posts. I just got off the southwest website and was able to change our flight to the day before with a charge of $21.00 which was great. What a relief. Any recommendations for hotels to stay at overnight in FLL. The comfort inn has a cruise and snooze price of 118.00 tax incl. anyone know how this hotel is?

Thanks for everyone's posts. I just got off the southwest website and was able to change our flight to the day before with a charge of $21.00 which was great. What a relief. Any recommendations for hotels to stay at overnight in FLL. The comfort inn has a cruise and snooze price of 118.00 tax incl. anyone know how this hotel is?

Glad you got the flight changed.

The Renaissance (17th St) is right across the street from the terminal.

Check their website. We got it for $99 last month. ;)

I think the way it workd is: If you have your paperwork filled, the check in is closed, it is 4 PM they will let you board and take care of the details at the PSD.

If there are a lot of pax who are in the same position they have been known to wait. The first stop being Princess Cays is only a few hours away and probably no other ship is due at the dock until morning, they could wait for up to an hour. They waited six hours for us one time in PR. There were about 40 pax on the plane which was delayed. This was in 1996 on the Royal.

Glad you got the flight changed.

The Renaissance (17th St) is right across the street from the terminal.

Check their website. We got it for $99 last month. ;)

The Comfort inn is somewhat of a low class place. If you are going this month or early you may be able to get the Renaissance for under $100 on Priceline. I am trying to get it for Nov 6 and have gone as highh as $85 and been declined. I do have the Embasy booked with my Hilton Honors for $159. This is a nice place - free two hour cocktails and a full breakfast. Taxi to the port will run about $15. Taxi to the hotel about the same.

YEAH!!! You did the wisest thing, IMHO. Good for you. Agree with the Renaissance Hotel, and the Embassy Suites is great as well.

Congrats on switching your flight. SW is what we fly into FLL as well, and while they have a good record of being on time, you just never know! We've waited as long as 30 minutes at baggage claim after the flight, so it's not always just about the plane being on time.

You'll sleep much better the night before knowing you are only minutes away from the cruise terminal. :)

Not to mention you will have time to buy soda, beer, wine or water (Total Wine or Publix) to bring on board. Have the wine boxed where you buy it, bring a few extra luggage tags and tape them on the 24 pack or wine box and give them to the porter (with an appropriate tip) and you will save the $21 dollars you paid for the change of flight.:D

So, is it 60 minutes as Princess states or 90 minutes as you state??? And I agree it takes time but according to Princess if you get there before they shut down the check in you are OK.

I still wouldn't do it.

The Homeland Security requirement is 60 minutes before throwing the lines. The manifest must be submitted no later than 60 minutes. Princess uses 90 minutes to allow time for late arrivals to be checked in and to prepare and submit the manifest. So there are really two different time requirements. Both are correct for different reasons.

Hotels in the area to check would be the Renaissance on 17th St, Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place North. All are minutes from the terminal area and have restaurants and supermarkets within a short walk. Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites are a block away from Total Wine and have a free shuttle from the airport and to the pier. The Renaissance does not but it's only a $10 cab ride to the pier.

The Homeland Security requirement is 60 minutes before throwing the lines. The manifest must be submitted no later than 60 minutes. Princess uses 90 minutes to allow time for late arrivals to be checked in and to prepare and submit the manifest. So there are really two different time requirements. Both are correct for different reasons.

Hotels in the area to check would be the Renaissance on 17th St, Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place North. All are minutes from the terminal area and have restaurants and supermarkets within a short walk. Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites are a block away from Total Wine and have a free shuttle from the airport and to the pier. The Renaissance does not but it's only a $10 cab ride to the pier.

Then princess should change their statements in the personalizer, since obviously they are leading people to beleive they have 60 minutes, as Marios post from Princess states.

Official princess statement:

CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS FOR DEPARTURES FROM U.S. PORTS

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has mandated that Cruise Lines must

transmit their departure manifests no later than 60 minutes prior to departure

from the U.S. To comply, passenger information must be processed at least 90

minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time. Therefore, passengers must

provide complete and accurate immigration details in advance of the embarkation

date. This can be done online via the Cruise Personalizer at princess.com up

up to six days prior to sailing. Within six days of sailing, missing details

may be submitted by calling 1-800-PRINCESS. International callers may dial

+1-661-753-0000. Please ensure that your travel plans permit adequate time for

arrival to the ship. Passengers who have not provided the required details in

advance **MUST** be checked-in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled

departure time or they will be denied boarding.

CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS FOR DEPARTURES FROM U.S. PORTS

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has mandated that Cruise Lines must

transmit their departure manifests no later than 60 minutes prior to departure

from the U.S. To comply, passenger information must be processed at least 90

minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time. Therefore, passengers must

provide complete and accurate immigration details in advance of the embarkation

date. This can be done online via the Cruise Personalizer at princess.com up

up to six days prior to sailing. Within six days of sailing, missing details

may be submitted by calling 1-800-PRINCESS. International callers may dial

+1-661-753-0000. Please ensure that your travel plans permit adequate time for

arrival to the ship. Passengers who have not provided the required details in

advance **MUST** be checked-in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled

departure time or they will be denied boarding.

The way I read this is that if you have your immigration details done on line prior to embarcation then the 60 minute rule applies. However I have never tested the waters so I could be wrong.

Anyway it's a moot point now that the OP Has changed their flight.

Glad you made the change, we all can breath easier now. :)We have enjoyed the Sheridan Beach hotel which as the name implies is on Ft. Lauderdale beach and the Renaissance where we are staying again in January for two nights and then again for a single night before our two cruises. The Renaissance puts you within walking distance of a number of restaurants, Publix, Total Wine, Walgreen's and CVS.

Congrats! Glad you made that decision. Now you'll be able to relax before you even get on the ship! Enjoy! :)

Glad you got your fight changed. I'm on the same sailing as you. Come by the roll call. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1020205

Archived