Length of Dinner

lizpdfb

Approximately how long is dinner in the MDR? We chose the late seating, but now we are concerned that it will take too long and our older daughter may miss some of the evening activities in Club O2. We figure we won't see much of our kiddos during the day, so it is important we all eat dinner together. The last thing I want is to have her pouting through the meal because she is missing something fun.

We do anytime dining now, by ourselves, so it pretty much takes as much (or little) time as you want. If you have set time with other table mates it might vary, since you can't tell how fast everyone will eat. But you should be able to keep it around an hour or less.

Approximately how long is dinner in the MDR? We chose the late seating, but now we are concerned that it will take too long and our older daughter may miss some of the evening activities in Club O2. We figure we won't see much of our kiddos during the day, so it is important we all eat dinner together. The last thing I want is to have her pouting through the meal because she is missing something fun.

Ah yes- the famous teenage pout. How familiar I am with that one! We always do early dinner and found that dinner would be about an hour. But I compromised with teenson- he wasn't required to stay for dessert so he would politely excuse himself after the main course and be gone. Otherwise we felt pressured to drink up that coffee and leave.

As far as the anytime eating- we tried that once and I found that it was such a hassle gathering everyone up and getting them out. Someone was always late or busy or tired or something. With a set meal time everyone knows just when we need to meet and eat.

i think on average for us was like a typical dining experience where you don't rush so was like 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hours for us as we were chit chatting with the other 2 at our table and the waiters lol.. we're on vacation, didn't need to be anywhere so we didn't rush rush lol

We are slow eaters and like to visit so our dinners are always long and drawn out, however, I can understand your situation. I agree with poster who says to let them be excused before dessert and the dancing and then you can take as long as you want. If you are at a table by yourselves it is a little bit easier as you set the pace but if you are at a larger table with other cruisers then everything flows with the slowest person. You might want to look at your table assignment and if you are alone great and if not you might want to request a table for yourselves if available. Go to dining room on the first day around 1:30 and check it out and talk to the Maitre d if necessary. Good luck

Archived