NCL Jade Mediterranean cruise

zingaro

Hi Spoke to my cruise coordinator today in the UK to see about setting a bar set up for our room but he could not email me a list of what is on offer and the prices,seems rather strange to me that a large cruise company do not have this available,He told me to just wait until I board the ship and then book it while on board,I am worried that unless you book this in advance then the costs will more expensive once on board,can anyone advice me on this or have seen sight of the list for me to look at.

Also you can pay your service charge up front which works out at £6.50 per day per person,but I would prefer to tip when I get good service,do you know if you can bypass this set fee and tip accordingly,and how much would you tip the cabin steward and the various waiters to ensure you get good service.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. For questions specific to a cruise line/ship, you should ask on the board for that line. NCL is located near the top, under Cruise Lines A-O. As far as individual tipping is concerned, most lines do the auto-tip so that everyone gets tipped fairly. those tips are distributed to more people than just your room stewards and dining room servers. If you leave the tips inplace, they get their due. If you remove them, and tip separately, they are required to turn in those tips, which are then pooled and distributed as originally intended by the cruise line. If you leave the auto-tips in place, and choose to tip extra, they do get to keep that money. EM

Hi, Zingaro- we prefer to pay the gratuities at our cruise booking, so that it's one thing out of the way. I've enjoyed the 2 cruises on Jade, but it's really impossible to tip individually on a freedom ship, as you never see the same waiter twice....even on a non-gratuity line, such as P&O, you have to pay a daily charge of £1.60 for freedom dining.

Sorry, can't help with the drinks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.Co.UK.

Jo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived